Messerschmitt Bf109 G-6 WNr 161742, Slowak, Eduard 1/48 FINISHED

Started by Erik Gjørup · 53 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Bf109, Eduard, Slowak uprising
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 4 years ago:

Nearly there – will it become the 11th 109 in my collection of 109's?

With a few details and touch-ups to go, the slowak is in front of the swiss E-3a with a hair

The photoetch got going, and while I were at it, decided that today is as good a day as any to get this one ready for one more post.

One of the things I had to do was install seatbelts – now why in the name of the carpetmonster did I wait till now? I really do not know. Never to be repeated (apart from one or two that is in the pipeline) as it is absolutely a pain to get them installed – at least the lap-belts MUST be in before closing the fuselage. The shoulderbelts can wait, making it a lot easier to make the deck look nice.

Well – the details has been shared during the build, but I just wanted to bragg once more – I like the nav-lights a lot.

And one last closeup of the intake and oilcooler and such. And thus another 109 is about to roll out the HalfWorks assemblyline.

Hope you enjoyed the journey – next time this pops up may be in the headlines.

Now where did I put those gunbarrels. . . . .

• Profile Photo

Not quite there

With the last few drops of paint to go, the race is still on!

As mentioned in the Swiss build the sun was out for a few seconds, and the planes got outside for the last shots before finish.

There are a few touchups remaining – as on the E-3a, and so nothing is certain yet – exciting isn’t it . . .

Check progress on the other entrant in the race here https://imodeler.com/groups/work-in-progress-aircraft/forum/topic/messerschmitt-bf109-e-3a-swiss-tamiys-1-48/?topic_page=2&num=15&_wpnonce=d88c9cc6c6#post-29596

See you in the headlines next. . . . .

• Profile Photo
    James B Robinson said 4 years ago:

These look fantastic Erik @airbum. Both are great. I think I like this one just a tad more than the Swiss model. Must be the paint. Great job!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 years ago:

Two more masterpieces, Erik. I like the Swiss plane because I like the simplicity of the colors, essentially just green, red, and touches of white. But my vote goes to the Czech machine, simply because my Mom's parents were from Prague. Great job.

• Profile Photo

Thanks gents - Will make the finishing touches soon and perhaps go headlines after that - I am sorry to say that the swiss is now finished, but only because I decided to add some AM MG131's to this one.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 4 months ago:

How could I forget?

back in January I said this would go to headlines soon

Well – it got finished, and the sun did not come right away, so it was simply put on display, and I forgot all about it. Now we can’t have that, so one last look at it here;

The overall finish is quite good on this one, and a load of AM and add-ons have been used.

Lets check a few:

The aerial is PE, antenna UvdR fine line, and some brass guns

The pitot is a Brass – such a fine tip it is beyond belief

The decals for stencils etc are very nice – the only thing that is not quite right seems to be the national markings as mentioned earlier.

And with this update it is off to the headlines as soon as the sun re-appears

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Cannot wait for the final pictures, Erik.
    That pitot tube is indeed very fine.
    difficult to handle it without bending.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Looks great, my friend @airbum.
    I love those details!
    Looking forward to see this beauty at the headlines!