Messerschmitt Bf109E-4 PeilG IV

Started by Erik Gjørup · 5 · 1 month ago · . 1/48, airbum, aml, Bf109, Eduard, Messerschmitt, quarter, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Peil

and with this one, 10 “Emil’s” has left the kindergarten!

I know – I do not have the time to finish 10 Emil’s on top of all the other unfinished builds. But lets just say it is the journey that matters, not getting there. And after all, who would risk running out of things to do?

Well, it has been in line for quite a few years, and I figure with a lot of Tamiya 109E’s being converted, this one might just as well join the assembly line.

Never mind the box-top, it is actually the only E-4 out of the 10 E's from the kindergarten – the others all being E-3 kits.

As can be seen, it is a pre-brexit conversion from Hannants.

I started by removing some of the plastic to make way for some AM PE details. Oh, and just to show off, I recently bought a small chisel. Great tool for this!

Whenever the first update will come is anyones guess. You just have to tune in (or leave a comment to get mentioned in the update to get a headsup by email from iModeler)

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

An impressive amount of Emils, Erik @airbum
    I can imagine it is difficult to give them all the required attention with lack of time.
    Nice progress on number 10.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

This one will also be fun to watch, Erik (@airbum). I haven't even heard of most of the 109s you build, so it is always an education.

• Profile Photo
    Christopher C Tew said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

I've had one of those Peil Gerät conversions for years, Erik, but have never got to it. I'll be glad to cheer on your efforts, as your results are always astounding. Also, congrats on finding a new tool! This build is already bookmarked.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Another excellent entry and good start, my friend @airbum! Looking forward to it!