MiG 23 Flogger B Trumpeter 1/48

Started by olivier.rive · 17 · 9 years ago · mig 23 flogger airplastique trumpeter russian
  • Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 4 months ago:

hello
    After a good series of cars I have a box out of my stock "Russian"

The MiG-23 was planned to replace the MiG-21, Jet third generation used in large numbers by the Soviet Union, and many customers export throughout the 70s and 80s they are still in use in some countries of export,

the Kit
    The box is well filled, a small photoetched is provided. The set is beautifully engraved and detailed 345 rooms and 10 gray transparent parts
    As usual with Trumpeter kits, supplied weapons are numerous and varied
    The cockpit is well detailed apart from the known henceforth, seat of error. The speed brakes are provided for in open or closed positions .All is well detailed, trains seem rather complex to assemble.
    One decoration is offered but aftermarket offers dozens of variants, which will be my case with a model to the Polish colors.

I begin by assembling and painting the cockpit ... just wait for drying to put in place the decals provided.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Great choice, Olivier.Just bevore you really beginn,check the containing parts with the list in the instructions. In my kit, is a weapon sprue was missing, you need them for the missile pylons.
    Beside that its a very nice kit, enjoy it. Its currently also on my bench for a long time.
    If you like here is a link to mine:
    http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=222095&page=1

• Profile Photo

Your Flogger is really beautiful Bernd, i don't used weapons sprue
    For now all s assembles easily ...
    cockpit ended and inserted into fuselage

test

test with wings.

• Profile Photo

just tests

just few putty

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Fast progress, Olivier, looks good. Trumpys Flogger are sound kits with relative good fit and details, i found out, that on my build the position lights (clear parts) are not fitting too good.
    No missiles or Eduard Brassin ?

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Olivier:

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering how the kit stacked up. Also, Trumpeter kits in my part of the world are pricey, so I'm somewhat cautious.

Like the ejection seat, and overall looks good, you're doing her well.

I will now ditch the old Eschi sitting in the box of limbo, with other kits that seemed a good idea at the time. One of my companions in the IPMS calls his the "closet of shame".

Looking forward to the finished kit, Polish markings should look really nice.

Regards,

Bernie

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 9 years, 4 months ago:

Looking really good so far, my friend...even the box art is "picture perfect".

• Profile Photo

glued the canopy ... drift also, some putty at the ... small antennas and sensors on the airintakes

see you next year

• Profile Photo

first paint on intrados :

• Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 3 months ago:

3 greens...

• Profile Photo
    Richard Mcstay said 9 years, 3 months ago:

That's looking great mate, love that camo!

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Looks very nice

• Profile Photo
    Simon Whitney said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Looks sweet Olivier, great camo.

• Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 3 months ago:

weathering become...

• Profile Photo
    olivier.rive said 9 years, 2 months ago:

finish paint, just apply x22 before to place decals...after I'll use panel line and wash...

a+