Monogram B-26B/C Marauder 1/48 USAAF WWII ETO

Started by Chuck A. Villanueva · 6 · 1 week ago
  • Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Coinciding with the arrival of the ICM B-26 kit, I will also build the challenging Monograms B-26. I have viewed several build reviews on the Marauder and look forward to the known issues to address. This is the Pro Modeler boxing which includes the resin parts. While waiting for some goodies to arrive from Eduards to enhance the interior and around the air frame. I also have the Cutting Edge decal set #CED48116 which are 3 OD over Neutral Grey schemes, Fighting Cock, Valkyrie and Jezabelle. So let see what we have in the box.

41 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 1 week, 3 days ago:

A word of caution on the decals.

Jezabelle is a B-26B-4-MA Marauder from her serial number of 41-18054. Which means she was built with the short wings and tail plus package guns and the original twin .50 stinger.

Fine Art of Decals has a color photo of her tail that shows she has waist guns mounted with plexiglass along with two portholes above the waist position.

Featured Aircraft DataBank – B-26 Marauder
    So that will require quite a bit of conversion work. Hence why I selected *Valkyrie* for my ICM Marauder.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Awesome entry, my friend @uscusn! The Monogram kit might be challenging, but your skills will produce an awesome result. Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Fantastic entry, Chuck @uscusn
    Maybe not the easiest kit but for sure you will turn it into a beautiful Marauder.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Thanks Dave, I have had these decals for over 20 years and got them about the time I bought this kit. I have had it in the stash that long. It will be most likely ICM will be producing the short wing version down the road if they follow their MO of producing more versions as they did with the Invader. I have some goodies soon arriving so I can start on the Monogram kit. The ICM kit is so new that Quinta has not finished their set as well as Eduards masks for the glass components.

Thanks Spiros, a little like you who love to build the older challenging kits from time to time. And succeed with a bit of elbow grease and patience. This will be one of those challenges.

Thanks John, it will once I get to the wings and tail.

• Profile Photo
    David Odenwald said 1 week, 1 day ago:

You are welcome Chuck @uscusn. You can do it!