my new little plane

Started by Ralph Clements · 7 · 9 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Here is my Hasegawa P-400 I've been working on lately, one pic showing the nose weights, which I am pleased to say, they work!

This is the "Shark Teeth" kit, 1/48, but I am going to try something different with it I think.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Hi, Ralph! Looking good, can't wait to see what scheme you choose. Always liked the looks of the airplane, shame about the engine/weight/lack of supercharger. Wonder what one with a Merlin coulda done.
    Be nice to have a good Kingcobra in 48th, instead of some German idea that never got off the drawing board.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Looking nice Ralph, a Hasegawa Airacobra is the right stuff to relax a bit from a problematic build

• Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Yes Bernd, this is a nice kit. Though Tamiya seems to be the 'gold standard', these Hasegawa kits are very user friendly.

• Profile Photo
    Seamus Boughe said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Looking good so far Ralph. Nice work on a very under represented aircraft. I have the Hasegawa and Eduard version of this kit. Both are very user friendly. Knowing me, if I get around to building a P-39/P-400, I'll probably end up using the good 'ol Monogram kit. Sometimes I wonder why I buy the newer kits at all.

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Loks good Ralph. Keep it up!

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 3 months ago:

Well done Ralph, look forward to seeing it finished.