North American P-51B Mustang (Tamiya 1/48) versus A-36 Apache (AM 1/48)

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 482 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Looking superb, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 1 month ago:

The priming and olive drab paint turned out well, John @johnb! My only niggle is that there is more to what is being offered than meets the eye. The camera has its limits.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros

• Profile Photo

Inner wheel covers mounted and some weathering on the wheel bays.

Tailwheel applied as well and did fit nicely.

Here she is with the propellor on as well. Next will be the weathering.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 1 year, 1 month ago:

That is a good looking Mustang. Good color for the OD, and looks good with the red nose and wheels.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Flawless airbrushing thus far, John @johnb. As I am just catching up on the build, will this be Don Gentile's aircraft? It is shaping up to be a beautiful model.

• Profile Photo

Where going to have to use the P word. The pre-shading really makes the build glow and look professional John. All of your work is top notch and this build is the frosting on the cake. Everything looks solid on this build.

• Profile Photo

Looking fantastic, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@luftwaffe-birdman, thank you, Walt. The OD is from Vallejo, 71043.

@coling, thanks a lot, Colin. Correct, it will indeed be Don Gentile's aircraft.

@stephen-w-towle, thank you, Stephen. It is an enjoyable kit thus far. Tamiya did some great engineering here.

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Add me to the previous comments, John (@johnb). Pre-shading and paint look great, and unmasked white stripe really adds to the appearance.

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thanks a lot, George. Those marking stripes, just like your yellow ones, do always make the aircraft look more unique.

• Profile Photo

Applying exhaust stains seems always a struggle for me, but this is how they look.

• Profile Photo

John I have the same issues with exhaust staining. If your using paint the pressure is on and it seems to be a one time affair that makes or breaks the whole build. However, I've switched over to artists pastels and if your not happy with the results you can easily wipe away the offending mistake. Exhaust is made up particles of carbon and the like and I think pastels are more fragile but, represent those particles better than paint and any good crew will wipe off the stains after each flight. Which is my rational. You can buy a couple of sticks and grind them down with sand paper and apply then with a brush over your previous work.

• Profile Photo

The stains look perfect from here, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@stephen-w-towle, thanks for sharing, Stephen. I will definitely give that technique a try.

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros