Silver Spitfire from 601 sqd (Spitfire IXc from AZ-Model)

Started by capt. R · 199 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 9 months ago:

@fiveten thank you! @johnb @holzhamer I purchased Dark Green and Ocean Grey Paint for engine cover. I just recived parcel. I'm so excited! I hope It will be a fun build.

PS. Where Can I find resin 500lbs 1:72 bomb?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:
  • Profile Photo

@fiveten thank you! Very usefull link. I need to find pylons for bomb too. Unfortunetly this resin kits don't have it

• Profile Photo

As a "last resort", you might consider scratchbuilding a pylon. Maybe it would not be too difficult in 1/72, will be nevertheless partially hidden by the bomb, my friend @lis.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten I think it will be nice: https://www.mojehobby.pl/products/Spitfire-500lb-bomb-set-EDUARD-15547019.html
    PS. First steps:

• Profile Photo

Yes, absolutely spot on, @lis!
    Nice small bits, also!

• Profile Photo

Some details was primed. Using the experience of the previous construction, I immediately painted the internal elements of the wings under the cockpit and the wheel arches of the main landing gear

• Profile Photo

Looking good, @lis!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Looking forward to this build, @lis. I think Spiros pointed you toward Hannant's for your bombs, which I have used for a long time. I also have been getting some good stuff on Ebay. You might also try Shapeways, who deal in 3D printed parts.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Great start, Lis @lis
    Those small parts are very well detailed already.

• Profile Photo

Some small steps in canopy. I noticed that the proposed installation of the exhaust pipes in the manual is completely impractical and, just like in the Spitfire Vc model, I made polystyrene supports for pipes, which were glued on the inside, and the exhaust pipes themselves adapted to be pasted at the very end after painting the airframe. the second thing is the elements of the undercarriage cavities. in my opinion part number 5 and 6 jrst shown on the manual exactly opposite to how it logically fits in the model.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Interior starts to look great, Lis @lis
    The manuals are sometimes not the most practical ones.
    Looking upfront to what is required for the build is really helpful.

• Profile Photo

Love your progress, my friend @lis!
    Yep, you might improvise at the build, do what suits you better, even if it means diverging from the instructions!

• Profile Photo

@gblair @johnb @fiveten I spend all night with Spitfire wings. Kit comes with clipped wings. I need to cut clippet tips and fit oval tips from kit parts. Very long work! Also cockpit are ready. Quickboost aftermarket pilot seat.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Amazing job, @lis!