Silver Spitfire from 601 sqd (Spitfire IXc from AZ-Model)

Started by capt. R · 199 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Looks great, @lis. I have always thought that when people look at a plane they tend to focus on where the pilot sits, so upgrading the seat does a lot to improve the interior.

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 2 years, 9 months ago:

@johnb @fiveten @gblair At this built I decided to make control panel out of the box (I have aftermarket control panel, but part from kit looks ver promising). So I painted by very fine brush details, and made glas in clocks by satin clear (Oh my Good it was old Humbrol 😉 ). Unfortunetly In the photo painted on red and green instruments are nit visible. Finally Weathering Master Set put by dry brush.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 9 months ago:

I am sure the IP in reality is as good as it looks at the pic, my friend @lis!
    Great result!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Great project, Lis. The cowl and fuel tank look to be in grey/green camo to me. You can see tonal differences that correspond to the normal dark green/ocean grey pattern. The exhaust staining blurs the color boundary between painted cowl and the rest of the plane.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Amazing brushing on that instrument panel, Lis @lis
    Well done.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Great work on the interior, @lis. Your precision painting makes these results possible in such a small scale. Looking forward to the rest of the build.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @j-healy @johnb @gblair After very hard work, puttying and sanding, ariframe is complete. the lower grip of the air required a good fit, but it seems that it even turned out well. Here it would be easier with the earlier version of the Spitfire IX, which had this element shorter. As I wrote before, it took a lot of work to adjust the wings as well as putty and sanding. Unfortunately, there were openings between the fuselage and the wings. The rear fins took more work than usual. They had no mounting pins and the fit was relatively poor. Of course, the cyanoacrylate glue and putty went in motion. Despite all these inconveniences, I enjoy my work a lot. Let me forget! The assembly of the metal turned cannons, empty barrel caps and Browning machine guns was much more laborious than in the Spitfire Vc model. Two barrels fell inside and I had to order a new barrel set irrevocably. It turned out that the previous ones were probably slightly more rolled, and the diameter was smaller compared to the kit I installed.

• Profile Photo

Quite a lot of excellent work, my friend @lis!
    A challenging kit, for sure, that is coming along nicely!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @j-healy @johnb @gblair

I started working on resin bomb. Pylon was so small and complicated. for the first time my eyes hurt

• Profile Photo

Bomb is also done. Fit was very well.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Great progress on the bomb, Lis @lis
    For dealing with those smaller parts the use of a magnifying glass is a must, at least for my eyes.

• Profile Photo

Great progress indeed, my friend @lis!
    Your detailed work payed off!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 9 months ago:

Excellent progress, Lis.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten @j-healy @johnb @gblair

first coat of Mr Surfacer...

• Profile Photo

Looking nice and homogeneous, my friend @lis!