Tamiya 1/48 A-10A Thunderbolt II (Warthog)

Started by Anthony Ricco · 47 · 2 years ago · 1/48, A-10A, aircraft, Tamiya, Thunderbolt II, Warthog
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Looking superb, my friend @anthonyricco!
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Great progress, Anthony @anthonyricco
    Even the close-up pictures show how nicely everything is done.
    The landing gear is amazing as well, great details.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Thanks a lot guys. appreciate the awesome comments.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Hi Anthony @anthonyricco, you’re making great progress on this Warthog. Thanks for looking at my old postings and your kind comments. You asked me what I thought of GWH kits, my simple answer is that they’re OK, but not as good as Tamiya for example. I only chose that model so as to be part of The Year of the Cat group build that was running at the time, the tiger on the tail seemed to fit in perfectly.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge thanks so much, your old posts are great so I'm enjoying looking through them. Ok thanks for the info on GWM - they are really expensive where I am so was wondering if the quality was better than the Tamiya ones.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Just catching up on this build, Anthony. I am very impressed with your airbrush work on the mottle pre-shade. It looks very convincingly weathered. I was also looking back to earlier posts as you applied the photo-etch. Did you use super glue or some other, neater adhesive for the etch?

• Profile Photo

Hi @coling, thanks a lot for the nice words about my build. I'm really glad to hear the weathering looks convincing. For the photo etch I just used plain old super glue, not sure if there is a photo etch specific product, if there Is and it's made by (or rebranded by) the model companies it will probably be quite pricey and the Superglue seems to have done a good job so I'd stick with it.

• Profile Photo

So the latest update and I've been painting, painting, painting - oil paint rendering - Lots of weathering going on - Trying not to go overboard and make it look too damaged but want it to have some character.

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Amazing weathering, my friend @anthonyricco! That's a battle-hardened A-10, for sure!

• Profile Photo

Thanks a lot Spiros @fiveten. Yip want it looking like its been in battle but not like its too messed up. No one messes with a warthog.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

The weathering looks perfect, Anthony @anthonyricco

• Profile Photo

@johnb thanks so much - all of your awesome comments really make the work worth it.

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Hey guys, the Warthog is getting close, did the satin coat and all the missiles and bombs, masked, painted decalled. Close close now.

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Looking really superb, my friend @anthonyricco!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Amazing collection of weapons, Anthony @anthonyricco
    Will you be adding all of these underneath the A10?