Tamiya 1/72 De Haviland Mosquito - Guy Gibson and Jim Warwick

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 86 · 2 days ago
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month ago:

I just bookmarked the site, thanks, John (@johnb). I printed decals on a laser until we moved. The printer was starting to have problems before we moved, and didn't work at all after the move. Being able to print your own decals really opens new horizons for your models.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month ago:

Very nice research, my friend @johnb! Looking forward to the final decals!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month ago:

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros

• Profile Photo

Bomb bay compartment closed. The entry door just needs a bit of filler though.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month ago:

Solid progress ang great looks, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros

• Profile Photo

Transparent parts mounted. The canopy, consisting of three parts, and the nose cone did fit nicely. The side windows however, which were mounted from the inside prior to fuselage closure, did not fit that nicely. Definitely some cleaning up required there.

• Profile Photo
    Harm said 1 month ago:

I only happen to see your work in progress on the Mosquito just now John. I’m very happy to see what your results till now are and looking forward to what is coming. And maybe the final result in real life? 😊 Keep up the good work!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

@hptiggelaar, thank you, Harm. So far the Mosquito goes together quite well, just a few issues which are likely caused by myself. Would be great if you have the chance to see it in real.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

Great progress and ditto fit of clear parts, my friend @johnb! Some cleaning of the side windows will do.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 weeks, 1 day ago:

The glass looks great, John (@johnb). I don't think I have seen a model of a Mosquito that didn't have a problem with those side windows on the nose. They will look fine once cleaned up and painted.

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thank you, George. With a bit of Contacta Clear from Revell it should be doable.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 weeks, 4 days ago:

Having been absent for a while, progress is massive here John. All looking great - and most certainly looking forward to your decal efforts! Keep it comin´.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 weeks, 3 days ago:

@airbum, thanks a lot, Erik. Still need to spent some time on those decals to get the correct dimensions out of the printer.