Wonderful gift, ArmaHobby FM-2 Wildcat 1/72

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 118 · 1 year ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Really nice job on the interior, my friend @johnb!
    The decal seat belts look great!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Ditto, on that interior. Arma can be congratulated on making a better mouse trap for those who like the details in 1/72nd. You do have to shift gears from making 1/48 scale kits and instead of thinking of them as something you'd turn a wrench with or apply parts with your fingers . . . given the size, you scale down and use tweezers, scalpels and tooth picks. More like performing surgery. Lookin good John @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@fiveten, thank you, Spiros.

@stephen-w-towle, thanks, Stephen. 1/72 is definitely not as comfortable as 1/48. Though 1/48 can contain tiny parts as well.

• Profile Photo

Cockpit fits nicely into the right half side of the fuselage.

• Profile Photo

Cockpit indeed fitted nicely and looks superb, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thanks a lot, Spiros

• Profile Photo
    capt. R said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@johnb I'm sorry I just found your thread, but I've been very busy lately and I'm not feeling very well. Cockpit looks really great! Nice interior green and IP Panel!

• Profile Photo

@lis, thank you, Bernard. This kit is a great gift. I'm really enjoying it, although I do have to get used to those tiny 1/72 dimensions.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 1 month ago:

I also just found your thread, John (@johnb). What a great gift! I have built Arma Wildcats before and really had a good time building them. They are very intricate and detailed, which in 1/72 makes them a challenge for me. Cockpit looks great.

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thanks a lot, George. It is indeed challenging due to its dimensions. Till now all fits nicely, so compliments to ArmaHobby.

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 year, 1 month ago:

This is shaping up very nicely, John.

• Profile Photo

@j-healy, thank you, John

• Profile Photo

Fuselage halves are joined, it required a bit of attention, especially around the IP. At first the tension was too much, therefore I grinded the IP a bit so it would join without requiring force. It did fit nicely this way, no gaps. The wings will however require a bit of cleaning up at the wingroot.

A start has been made with the complex main landing gear of the Wildcat as well. I took this picture prior to mounting the engine. At a later stage it will be barely visible.

• Profile Photo

Great progress, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 1 month ago:

The kit is a little jewel and John your doing a splendid job of making it shine