37 Ford Panel Delivery truck Revell 1/25th

Started by Cricket · 13 · 3 days ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 3 days ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @anthonyricco @epinac @chinesegeorge @bozzer

Threw this together yesterday for a friend (same one I built the Shelby Cobra for). It was a junk kit but he does work on my vehicles So I couldn’t say no, he collects 1/1 cars and this was one of them. I probably wont build another. These kits you give to a 10 y/o to start the hobby. Tamiya they are NOT…LOL. I dont care for Revell or AMT kits…but I’m spoiled 🙂

Anyway here are a few pics, about 6 hours to build it, could not get rid of the dust or dog hair before I painted it…ARGH. Even though I stripped it down and redid it…oh well he will like it

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 3 days ago:

This oldie looks really good, Cricket @bikequeen
    Hard to believe you only required six hours to achieve that.

• Profile Photo

@johnb thanks John i use. Tamiya spray cans they dry really fast, the kit was junk so I wanted to be done with it 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 3 days ago:

It looks neat in that colour scheme, Cricket @bikequeen, but I’m with you on Revell kits, don’t know about AMT, they’re not available here.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge yeh but way way back they were fun, but not anymore, hes done a lot for me so I didn’t mind building it for him, but no more…AMT are about the same

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Well shoot, that's not a build! Lady, you need to get yourself a Peterbilt by Revell, and give yourself a challenge! Hair and dust, go hand in hand, with beer and sleepless nights! Trick for the future...
    Get a plastic tote and put it over your model, while it dries 😉
    Live the dream 🙂

• Profile Photo

@bozzer LOL…you ain’t right Naa I’ll stick to my bikes…dont like the bid stuff, it’s a pain to paint and dust (parrot) dog hair is just nuts here and I paint outside the back door between working on it then stepping outside it is a dust magnet no matter how much I try it always gets loaded with dust….anyway…he like it thats all that counts 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Never say die, Cricket.
    We have technology, we can rebuild it 😉

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Really amazed by the quality and speed of your builds, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    Eduardo Piña said 4 days, 13 hours ago:

I like the way it looks, the wood grain detail is very good.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 days ago:

@epinac thank you Eduardo the wood grain was juts sprayed with Tamiya Dark Yellow Spary can, that’s it, figure it wouldn’t be seen anyway. It’s an awful build but he liked it 🙂

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 days, 23 hours ago:

Very cool, Cricket (@bikequeen). I really like the color. I have a number of car models that I haven't built yet, and all are from this era, or earlier. I also have an unbuilt model of my first car, a 1957 Chevy. Wish I still had it.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 3 days, 23 hours ago:

@gblair HA! My first car was 57 Chevy too! :). The color is Tamiya Bright Red spray can TS-49