73 Lotus Europa 1/24

Started by Cricket · 17 · 4 months ago · 1/24, Lotus Europa, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 4 months, 1 week ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @epinac @chinesegeorge @bozzer @faraomike

Going through old cd’s i came across these. I built this car about 28 years ago, it is without a doubt my most favorite car ever. The photos are tiny and work isn’t that great but I thought I would post it anyway. Not my best work but this car kicked the model bug back in me….took 20 years more to fully wind it up though 🙂

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 4 months, 1 week ago:

That looks great to me, Cricket @bikequeen! 👍 The white is very attractive. 👏 There used to be a light-blue Europa here in my hometown; it was interesting just how small it really was! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John aitken said 4 months, 1 week ago:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/256208526591…if you ever had an interest in Elans…my dream car as a teenager..the Gunze Sangyo kits w metal parts are excellent…you would have fun and bring out the best in these..

• Profile Photo

@garybrantley Yeah it was sweet little car….laying down in it to drive it

• Profile Photo

@johnaitken I had a model of it…I may still do, but it’s buried if I do. It’s actually the first and only Lotus I ever drove! It was a riot! Tiny little “toggle switch” for a gearshift! 🙂

• Profile Photo

I missed out..friend owned one- bit entitled sort and was his graduation present!..drove Europa but was even worse build quality than Elan…Cathy drove their FF at her course at St Jovite..but that was later..in early 70s..have you been to the Jim Clark museum?

• Profile Photo

@johnaitken. I wish, I’m a bit far for that museum 😉

• Profile Photo
  • Profile Photo
    John Truby said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Great looking model. Still looks fantastic after all these years!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Fantastic car, Cricket @bikequeen, and fantastic model, I think Tamiya re-released it not so long ago.

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 4 months, 1 week ago:

A good old fashioned British sports car is always interesting. Nice building model Cricket , well done !

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 1 week ago:

That Lotus looks fine to me, Cricket @bikequeen
    Even 28 years ago your modelling skills were at a high level already.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Looks excellent, my friend @bikequeen!
    Thanks for sharing!

• Profile Photo
    Jay Mitchell said 4 months, 1 week ago:

You did some fine work back then , and have just gotten better & better ! You should change your moniker to @modelqueen , @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 4 months, 1 week ago:

I have to agree with the other comments. You started off with a gift, and just increased your skills further. A great British car, from when Britain was great. Sadly, we can't make anything on our own now.