AMT Turnpiker

Started by Stephen Booth · 9 · 2 weeks ago
  • Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

Building a legend, amongst the truck/semi community. I've loved this truck, from the very moment I saw it.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

For a 1978 kit, I expected some work, but already I'm out with the filler, and removing ejection pin marks, in the craziest of places. To make things interesting, the chassis rail is also warped. You can also see how bad the mold is, from the excessive flash. This isn't going to be, a walk in the park.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

Looks like some challenges are ahead, my friend @bozzer. The end result will definitely reward you, though. Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Cab-over semi-trucks are rarely seen on the road around these parts. I talked about that with a trucker friend of mine last year and he confirmed that they are seldom used anymore. That model will make a great tribute to all those hardworking trucks and their drivers; vestiges of a bygone era now! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Thank you, gents, and ladies. Over here in the UK, they're very common, just like our European cousins. However, I think that our American brothers, did it with style? Yes, they weren't comfortable, and from what I've heard and read, they weren't fit for purpose, but dang... They had class!

Looking at modern day American trucks, they're falling into a similar trap, the everyone else is. They're all beginning to look the same? Sadly, with companies merging, the uniqueness, is being erased? But, I'll take my hat off, to every single trucker, who gets in that cab, leaving his family and friends behind, just so we can have dog food and slippers. All my builds, are tributes to those amazing men and women, all over the world.

Let them truckers roll 🍻

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

@bozzer great start on it Boz!

• Profile Photo
    Stephen Booth said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

My apologies @bikequeen. I edited my last comment, to include ladies. In my dinosaur years, my mouth still opens, before I put my brain in gear? And, thankyou kind lady, for your words of support πŸ’―πŸ‘πŸ₯ƒ

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Some challenges to tackle but I'm sure you will do, Stephen @bozzer
    You are off to a good start already.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 weeks ago:

@bozzer no apologies needed! Keep up the good work….more photos please πŸ™‚