Lola T-70 MKIII

Started by Cricket · 30 · 1 year ago · 1/12th scale, Lola, T-70, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 5 months ago:

modeling is fun and relaxing

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Despite the odds somehow fighting you, you ate doing a great job, my friend @bikequeen! Hope your repair is a success!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

This kit seems to challenge you a lot, Cricket @bikequeen
    I'm confident you will get it right.
    And yes, fun and relaxing it is.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Lola repairs….not perfect but it will do……

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 5 months ago:

I’m sure it will look great in the end, Cricket @bikequeen, you’re very brave to show us your problems like this, you can be sure you’re not the only one who makes mistakes and drops things sometimes. What are you planning to do about the white arrow? Can you buy spares? Happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Doug Humphrey said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Great subject choice. This was the car they used for the chase scene in the movie "THX 1138". Looking forward to the end result!

• Profile Photo

Repairs look great, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

Looks to be a great repair from here, Cricket @bikequeen

• Profile Photo
    Rory Wilson said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Great choice of model Cricket... there are still a couple of T 70's that race in historic events in South Africa. They make a great noise and are very imposing on the circuit! Your repairs look great, and by the time the model is finished only you will know what went wrong and the satisfaction of completing a difficult build is immeasurable. I think to be a modeler, most of us have to be at least a little OCD...Lol.

• Profile Photo

Thanks all for the great comments, I managed to repair the front upright using the melted Sprue method, drilling it out and putting in a left over screw from the Caterham. Sadly the rest did not go as I would have liked. The body parts did not fit well in the final assembly so I did what I could and called it a day. Knowing what I know now I would have assembled it differently …. Anyway here are the pics. And Sorry @chinesegeorge the “arrow” was sacrificed :(. And @eydugstr you are so right about it being in THX 1138, I just watched that film again the other day….was horrified to see them wreck those gorgeous cars 🙂

Anyway, here are the final results of this project, im disappointed with it

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Don't know why you're disappointed with it, since it looks superb, my friend @bikequeen!
    Well done!

• Profile Photo

With a result like this I would be very proud, Cricket @bikequeen
    To me the result looks amazing.

• Profile Photo

@johnb thanks John but I’m really not happy with it, i cannot put to nose or rear body parts on, Caterham it’s not, the blue plastic was very brittle, all the rest was fine….I’m a horrible perfectionist …LOL

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 5 months ago:

Congratulations on finishing it, Cricket @bikequeen, and, I must say it definitely looks like a Lola T70, the engine details and exhausts are especially convincing, I just wish I could hear that V8.

• Profile Photo
    Clarence Novak said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Great build Cricket! Thanks for sharing the journey! When I have large or long thin decals,
    I try to find the best place to cut them into sections that are more manageable? Sometimes that's
    a convenient seam or other area? But the positioning of lets say three sections across a car nose...
    you have to then be more diligent @ alignment for proper positioning and that matching edge where the cut
    lines meet which should just butt up, not overlap. imho

The yellow strips on my Shack's upper wings were razor cut into three sections. Much less decal anxiety.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.