Talbot Lago Grand Prix 1/24 by Heller

Started by Michael Ezat · 23 · 2 weeks ago
  • Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 months, 4 weeks ago:

And the fun continues :

The main subassemblies are coming slowing in shape . First comes the "cockpit bathtub" . Still enough to do like steering wheel , pedals , levers , instrument panel etc , but the biggest parts are forever toghether .

Then the engine follows , just the block and the lower oil carter are glued - painted and then taking some "dirt" with dry brushing and a wash of oil diluted with alot of thinner . The valves covers are also ready but still "independence" , waiting their turn as well as the carburetors too.

Next picture , wheels . Those are 100% ready after a shoot with chrome and some wash with black oil . The truth is that I got tired of dealing with them more !

The front main axle with suspension also ready and waiting for some more parts . Rear suspension after painting with steel , dry brushing with rusty red and brown , and finally a wash with light gey oil (dust) .

The gear box , also ready : Painted with aluminium , dry brushing with steel and brass and then washing with black oil .

The lower engine protector painted with dark aluminium , dry brushed with steel and brass and then washed (heavy) with black oil .

And at the end the brake drums , just the inner faces , also ready after painting with burnt iron and dry brushed with aluminium and washed (as usual) with black oil .

That's all for now , all I have to say about this kit is : so far , so good .

Despite its age, it stands up well in terms of fit and ease, but also in terms of detail. When its production started (back in the 70's), apparently Heller had studied it quite well. So today, although it looks like a poor relative of the Japanese high-tech kits, it manages with its few pieces and its low price to remain "combatable", thanks also to the uniqueness of its subject.

So , next time hope to have all of them in one piece and getting ready for the final step !

Have a perfect weekend and much fun !

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 4 weeks ago:

Fantastic job on all above parts, my friend @faraomike!
    Looking forward to the model coming together!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 4 weeks ago:

Those parts do look amazing, Michael @faraomike

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 months, 4 weeks ago:

This is going to be great, @faraomike.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 3 weeks, 2 days ago:

@faraomike Thats great Mike! Wonderful attention to detail!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

This is just a note on the state of this particular model as it has been a while since I updated. As you can see, its main elements have been glued together, puttying-sanding was done where necessary, everything was masked with tape and wet kitchen paper and as soon as they dry, probably tomorrow, the final painting will be done.
    That's it for now, I hope to have more news to report to you soon.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

Great progress, my friend @faraomike!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Good progress, Michael @faraomike