Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 935 Martini Turbo

Started by Cricket · 122 · 13 hours ago
  • Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Those wheel hub nuts really look metallic in the photos Cricket (@bikequeen). Excellent.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 3 days ago:

@clipper nope semi gloss black the cooling fins and rivets are Chrome Silver and the tire lettering is hand painted gold thanks for the comment 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Nice painting for the metallics as well as the lettering . More pics please !

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 3 days ago:

The wheels look excellent, as I am sure your other jobs you did are excellent, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 3 days ago:

That is a nice set of Dunlops, Cricket @bikequeen
    The hand painted letters are beautifully done.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 3 days ago:

@faraomike @fiveten @johnb thank guys! I got so OCD that I just keep building and forget photos, I will do some today, I promise Hand painting the tires is rough but adds so much, I painted Bridgestone on the Yamaha Midnight Special I did they cam e out great

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 week, 2 days ago:

@brithebuilder @johnb @fiveten @ssgt @jdtruby @clipper @gblair @anthonyricco @epinac @chinesegeorge @dion-dunn

Alrighty then! At long last updates … now some of these may not be accurate to the real car but they look cool ;). I didnt upload all the progress pics because it would have blown up the post 🙂

First this car screamed for brake lines so I added them, I used busied line fro the brake cylinders to the chassis then solder lines inside, some didn't bent quite like I would have liked them too.

I put the steering linkage in and did not expect it to work but amazingly it did … link to short video at the end. The other car i did was a total disaster as far as the steering went. I know small thing but if Tamiya when through the trouble of adding it was hell bent and making it work. It’s very delicate but it works 🙂

Next i installed the engine and added braided lines. It went in pretty smoothly, but was a shame to hide all that detail.

--- pic22 not found ---

Next was the front and the fuel tank, oil reservoir etc etc

And here is the 2022 version and the 2024 version, I say my skills have advanced a bit 🙂

And the rest of the pics

And lastly the the steering video, you can see the steering linkage moving in the center…i was truly impressed 🙂

Finally I have to decide if I want to try the cutaway or do what the YouTube guy did…I’m leaning towards the latter

So thats it! Thanks for looking and now I sit back and figure out how to do the body 🙂

8 additional images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Make that braided line…AND i posted all that and every photo had an error so i deleted it and redid I only to find that it posted anyway! ARGH!

• Profile Photo

Here is the 2022 build and the 2024 build photos for some reason they didn't get uploaded the first time, you can see the difference in the quality and detail in 2 short years

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Two years - time goes quickly when you’re enjoying yourself, Cricket @bikequeen.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge You wouldn’t believe the stuff i built in those 2 years! It was astounding almost 70 kits

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Looks great, Cricket (@bikequeen). I like the way there are translucent containers that it looks like you can see the fluids through.

• Profile Photo

@gblair thanks George…it was a fun build so far…now comes the body….UGH 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Wonderful nob allover, my friend @bikequeen!
    Kudos to your productivity during those two years!

• Profile Photo
    John Truby said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Excellent work on all of your assemblies. @bikequeen