VW type 82E, Tamiya 1/48 FINISHED!

Started by Erik Gjørup · 79 · 1 year ago · 1/48, airbum, beetle, car, civil, Haldværk, interwar, käfer, Tamiya, typ 82, vehicle, VW
  • Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 9 months ago:

The end

With a last few details I call this one finished.

It has been an interesting journey with all the extra stuff that came along. It is not at all my best work, but I had fun, and now I know some of the stuff that can be improved on a Tamiya VW.

I may re-visit this one and improve a few details (like detail-painting), but as far as this topic is concerned it is declared finished.

Thank you for comments, info, votes and advice along the way @fiveten, @eb801, @luftwaffe-birdman, @holzhamer, @michel-verschuere, @jamesb, @1corsair64, @roofrat and @lgardner

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Another beautiful Beetle, Erik @airbum
    Well done.

• Profile Photo
    Stephen W Towle said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Another time less classic. My family went through two black bugs in the 60's. I've survived two automobile accidents in bugs and had a room mate who thought it was good fun to tap the brakes and watch my nose hit the wind shield in the peoples car. Brings back memories.

Thank you for sharing Erick. Lurked through the thread and enjoyed every minute.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 9 months ago:

Nice job on the so-called people’s car @airbum. I read somewhere that you could take your hands off the steering wheel and steer the car by opening and closing the quarter lights, I guess that early models didn’t have those.