1/32 Revell BF109 G10 Green 7

Started by Andrew Frill · 9 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Andrew Frill said 6 years, 11 months ago:

hoping for a nice easy build with a few Baracuda resin updates... and Eagle Cal deckles. Gunze paints used. Still have a little detail painting to do on the IP. Eduard and Airscale placards used.

Andy

11 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 11 months ago:

That cockpit is looking really good. I like how the details are showing in a natural way.

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Awesome work Andy. Somehow I missed this build until just now. I'll be looking forward to seeing your progress. If this 109 turns out anything like your FW-190 then it will be a really sharp looking plane. Your Ki-84 build is how I found the Imodeler website. I was searching for information on the plane and I stumbled across your build. It too is a masterpiece. Thanks for sharing this with us.

• Profile Photo
    david leigh-smith said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Great work on that cockpit. It really does look authentic and that's a hard look to caputure - I've been trying and not getting anywhere near your results so will be watching closely!

• Profile Photo
    Andrew Frill said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Wow! I forgot all about this over here. Have progressed a bunch, here are a few pics to catch everyone up.

Andy

13 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Okay, a quick refresher. Used the Barracuda exhaust, scoops, supercharger, and oil cooler faring. Eduard Brass gear and Barracuda Wheels. Montex masks were used with Eagle Editions decals to do Hartmans G10. I know that his aircraft I guess had the small wheel bulges and narrow wheels but found out after the fact. Gunze Aqueous paints were used with an oil wash. This is where she currently sits awaiting a canopy mod that i thought about doing after the canopy was painted. I did not like the way the canopy looked with the two large tabs holding it on. So, I cut them off filled the recesses on the canopy frame and will attach it like the real thing.

Andy

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Editor said 6 years, 5 months ago:

Wow, coming along really nicely! Anothing left to do? It looks finished 🙂

• Profile Photo

Hey Martin,
    thanks for the compliment. The only things left are the fiddly bits. Just stuff around the canopy really. Not too much longer now.

Andy

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 5 months ago:

looking excellent