1/48 Tamiya group build Fw-190D, A6M5 ans new tooled Ki-61 Tony

Started by Brian Scott · 22 · 7 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Next three Tamiya builds started.. Hard to not stop building the Tamiya kits which are wonderful and very enjoyable builds 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo

Brian

• Profile Photo

Now for the Awesome new tooled Tamiya ki-61 which cockpit detail and awesome fit 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Back in the 90's (1900's) I bought most of the Tamiya 48th scale kits and started to build them starting with the Ki-84 Frank. And now I have worked up to kit #61043 the MiG-15, I have picked up more since then, filling in the blanks, still need to get the P-47's. But your right they are fun to build. I always have one in progress, like the Lancaster which is a very long term project. So at least 2 on the bench. Just finished the Dora, don't have the A6m5 Zero or the Hein as yet. So far they look great on your WIP.

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Brian, they all look really good. I'm gonna get me one of them Tonys. I'm a fan of their latest Zeros, despite the price hereabouts. Can't be beat in 48th. Looks like the same can be said for the Tony.
    I'm coming around to their 190D, after seeing how fiddly the Eduard is, unless you are an A & E mechanic or jigsaw puzzle enthusiast. You pays your money, and you takes your choice.

• Profile Photo

Bernard i tried to build both of the radial and inline engine Fw's and no luck. To me they broke the airframe done way to many parts . Like you said it was a jigsaw puzzle !

• Profile Photo

Markings for my 1/48 Tamiya Ki-61 Tony

• Profile Photo

Got the rest of the exterior and interior parts glues on the tamiya Tony. Now to mask the canopies and get it read for primer 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Brian, one of the guys in my IPMS chapter always quotes a friend, who says "That's not a model, it's an autopsy!" Taking fiddly to new heights!

• Profile Photo

Rest of the Zeron interior completed .Two hours late the Zero , Tony canopies are masked and installed . Not to paint window frames and get some primer. Stay tuned 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 7 years, 1 month ago:

Looks really good Brian... It will not be much longer and you will be spraying some colors on these bad boys.

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 7 years, 1 month ago:

What color did you use for the interior of your Japanese aircraft? The Hein looks pretty close to what i used like a bamboo color. The Zero i used Aotake.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 7 years, 1 month ago:

I had a slight issue using the kid provided mask. They kept peeling up on me after i had painted the outside of the windows with the interior color. So careful i peeled them off laid them on the Tamiya tape comes on a roll and made new mask . So reason the mask that Tamiya provided in the kit does not stick real good. But when i used the Kit provided mask on the Zero not a single issue. Not sure why. But problem fixed and got the Alcald Black base painted tonight. I will let it dry for a few days and start painting the colors 🙂

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Brian Scott said 7 years, 1 month ago:

I used Tamiya XF-59 Desert Yellow

Brian

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 7 years, 1 month ago:

Superb, Brian. Very nice attention to detail.