High ”tediosity factor” on my new model

Started by Ralph Clements · 89 · 9 years ago · float plane, HE-115B
  • Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Hi Ralph, it seems you got it ! You are at the painting stage and thats good news, great build so far, keep up the good work.

• Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 9 years, 6 months ago:

thanks Bernd and congratulations on your winning the October contest - great job!

• Profile Photo
    Gregor d said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Looking good Ralph. Has the beast got any ordenance to add? These planes used to be used as torpedo bombers at some point in their service.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Well done, Ralph, guess you're on the home straight now.

• Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Thanks all. Gregor the kit doesn't include any ordnance. I found some pictures of torpedoes being loaded into its bomb bay and briefly considered scratch building one and opening up the bay underneath but since I have had trouble with so much of this, I decided not to push my luck.

• Profile Photo
    Rob Pollock said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Just noticed a posting on hyperscale of this kit as a new photo feature. Only other build I've seen.

• Profile Photo
    Ralph Clements said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Yes Rob, I have seen those beautiful images. That fellow who built it really knows what he is doing.
    I doubt I'll have to worry about hyperscale bugging me to let them do a photo feature of my model!

• Profile Photo
    Rick Wilkes said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Hi Ralph, the pictures on HyperScale are from the article I told you about. Speaking of articles, I just got the October issue of SAM and there is an article about the He-115 which includes it in a diorama. I guess your not a trailblazer after all. Just mindlessly following this He-115 fad. 😉

• Profile Photo

Mindlessly is right!

Here she is getting some fresh air and sunshine to help cure the paint a bit

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking good Ralph, I hope the photo wasn't taken at "local apparent noon", might be more freezing than curing..lol

• Profile Photo

70deg F. at my house today when that was taken. Last Friday it was 20.
    Snow is predicted Wednesday- you never know what to expect.

• Profile Photo

Sounds like our weather here in Indiana, other than than sunny & warm. We get clear and cold, cloudy wet and warm and cloudy wet and cold. Cabin fever is already starting to spread.

• Profile Photo

Some progress made, but additional errors too - one step forward and two steps back it seems...I am looking forward to wrapping this up and moving on to the next project, which will be a tank for a change of pace

Working on this big Heinkel has led me to develop my 'Principal of Model Building Error Propagation" which goes like this:
    "The chances of a major irreparable cosmetic blunder in building a model are controlled by:
    a) the cost of the kit
    b) the amount of time invested prior to the blunders occurrence
    c) the location, prominence and visibility of the blunder location
    and are directly proportional to all three"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !
    I am thankful for a lot, including friends I have made on iModeler and their sage wisdom and advice.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

I think I'm identified the same "Equation" in my builds but I have a much more colorful name which I shan't publish here..lol
    Happy Thanksgiving too you and yours as well

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Hi Ralph modelling is not straight forward, i am writing this book every time :-(! The progress on your build is quite breathtaking, never expected this advance !
    And its looking really good and thats an beautiful airplane, should be an impressive sight, when the finished Heinkel sits in your collection
    Happy Thanksgiving ( a celebration day, we don t have here ! )
    Cheers
    Bernd