HPH models L-39ZA 1/32

Started by Nguyen Huy Hoang · 17 · 6 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Nguyen Huy Hoang said 7 years, 4 months ago:

After 2 yeas break from the hobby, I decided to tackle the L-3ZA 1/32 from HPH model. This is a very nice kit resin for most of the part, fabric seat belt , 1 color PE sheet and 1 brass PE sheet, canopy mask...almost everything you may need.
    The journey begin:
    1/ Wings come first: the details is nice, the upper piece cast in one large chunk of resin. I used a scriber to separate the wing from the casting block

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

There are millions of rivets on the wing, however too swallow for my taste so I decided to enhance them one by one, using a sharp pointed scriber press the rivet deeper.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

To cheer myself up with all the boring works with the wings rivet. I pay my attention to the ejections seats. OMG, those seats are work of art, one of the reason why I bought the kit. The seat made up from resin for the body, fabric seat belt and PE. There are some handle , the red cord, the black tube that need to scratch build.
    At this state the seat is not complete as there are some tiny decal to put on and some minor touch up as well. More to come later.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Josh Patterson said 7 years, 4 months ago:

The seats look great! Can't wait to see the full cockpit. I have the 1/48 Il-28 Beagle along with the Concorde and XB-70. The beagle is the best of the three (and the only one I've started thus far), and I'm sure the Aerovodochy is right up there with it (and in 1/32 scale!) Makes be want the SB2C they recently came out with! If the Beagle is any indication of how they do all their kits, you shouldn't have many hang ups. I would recommend an HPH kit to anyone wanting to try a full resin kit. They are almost as easy as an injection kit they fit so well. (Well, the Beagle does anyway.)

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 7 years, 4 months ago:

Nguyen, great job on the seats. Looking forward to seeing it all come together. That is a pretty plane, just great lines.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for your kind word !
    @Josh I love the Il-28 too, will try to get one

The seats and the tub are now completed, those tiny PE drive me crazy ! Enjoy the pics.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bernd Müller said 7 years, 4 months ago:

Great detail work !

• Profile Photo
    Nguyen Huy Hoang said 7 years, 2 months ago:

Updated ! I scratch build the avionics bay for a different look.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Nguyen Huy Hoang said 6 years, 11 months ago:

I managed to finished some sub assemblies and painted the basic camo, the avionics get some color too. The canopy retractor and FOD cover are scratch build.

9 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Johannes Gerl said 6 years, 11 months ago:

That's going to be a piece of art, Nguyen. Chapeau!

• Profile Photo
    Nguyen Huy Hoang said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Updated ! The pics speak for itself, still have so many works ahead. Decal and weathering with a pin wash, rain mark streak, and color pencil. The ground euipment was scratch build used Lego blocks.

10 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 11 months ago:

What a magnificent build. Wonderful details and love the camouflage and weathering. Very nice addition with your solution for the ground equipment. Great job!

• Profile Photo
    Sebastijan Videc said 6 years, 11 months ago:

Amazing build! The base looks stunning already.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Brilliant build! Can't wait to see the final post.

• Profile Photo
    Nguyen Huy Hoang said 6 years, 10 months ago:

Update ! I used tea from Lipton to make the grass area. The background and the grass area will get some color for blending to the scence.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.