And now, an update.
First off, there was mucho masking to be done…
Then, it was time to give this stuff a try.
This stuff was recommended to me by modeling friend Robin Powell, from Poole, Dorset. He said this stuff was the best of the masking-like putties he’s tried. I found it in Aisle 44 of a Michael’s Crafts store.
Here it is during initial trials…
Now, i forgot to take any photos of the adhesive tack laid in place, with extra masking filling in on top and behind it. But, i DID take photos of the fuselage with the gull gray applied and the masking removed.
Thats all i have for now. The radome needs a repaint before i can mask off and paint the forward fuselage, and i found some seams on the back end above the tailplanes that bother me so much i cant let em slide. So, i’ll be doing some major sanding (and re-painting) on the back end.
Thanks for tuning in. Until next week,