Welsh Models Resin 1/144 scale CP-107 Argus MkI FINISHED!
I’m gonna call this one done, before I fiddle with it some more and maybe cause a disaster. I was nearly ready to be completed last week, but then AMS set in and I decided I had to add most of the tiny little antennae that are festooned all over this airframe. I added five 1/32” pieces of Evergreen strip around the MAD boom, three slightly bigger pieces on each side of the lower aft fuselage, one on top, two ‘T’ whiskers on each side below the cockpit and two air data probes just behind the observer’s nose. The ‘T’ antennae each required two 1/32”x3/32” pieces to be split in half, glued together into the ’T’, and then have two 3/32” long pieces of ultra-fine smoke coloured invisible thread added for the whiskers. The two long wires are super glued into two #80 holes drilled into the leading edge of the fin, then stretched down to the blade mounts on the upper fuselage and set with super glue. Any sag was dealt with using a smoking match. I mixed the unique grey/green colour by eye and used Polly Scale German Sky Green and IJN Light Grey approximately 70/30, thinned it with Tamiya Acrylic thinner and applied over Tamiya Fine White Surface Primer. Weathering was kept to a minimum and included Tamiya Weathering Powders, and Vallejo Inks. All the markings are the ones included with the kit and I had to replace a CANADA with a home printed one. I have a new rule. Always scan the decal sheet of any new model I acquire. You never know when you will need a replacement.
Enjoy the pictures.
7 additional images. Click to enlarge.