AMT ’66 Nova locked and loaded.
I finally finished it. I received this kit in a plastic bag a couple of months ago right after finishing an aircraft model and I was ready for a change of pace. This is almost an OOB build as I only added the roll cage, the hood pins, the headlights, the plug wires and distributer. I stripped off the chrome from the bumpers and grill and repainted the grill with Alclad chrome. I used watch crystal cement to install the glass, leaving the driver’s window down. I relocated the exhaust and made the pipes from aluminum tubing. I adjusted the stance from the stock position. I painted it with Tamiya rattle can White Primer and Bright Orange and used the decals from the kit. I do not build a lot of cars but I am pleased how this one turned out.
8 additional images. Click to enlarge.