HP Victor, 139 Squadron, 1964, underway!

Started by John Healy · 40 · 5 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John Healy said 6 years, 1 month ago:

This beautiful new kit includes lots of internal detail and is engineered cleverly.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 6 years, 1 month ago:

It's a great kit - take your time and the result will be wonderful. I'm doing the camouflaged 139 Squadron Victor on the Xtradecals sheet, having discovered with a little research that it was one of four that were painted "in the field" with the new camouflage scheme, which obviates the need for a lot of masking to give hard edges to the scheme.

• Profile Photo
    Paul Barber said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Hello John! I see you have overcome whatever the issue was with posting - thank goodness! This looks stunning already! Thanks for doing it - and I can't wait to see the project develop!

• Profile Photo

Looking forward to seeing it, Tom. I'm going with the anti-flash white.

• Profile Photo

It's really an intricate and amazing kit. We'll blame operator error for the posting problem (-:

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 6 years, 1 month ago:

looking forward to seeing it! I've been tempted to get one, but I keep backing off due to the size. I'm just limited in cabinet space!

• Profile Photo
    Bernard E. Hackett, Jr. said 6 years, 1 month ago:

John, looks to be a beaut! Full bomb bay! And quite a complete "office". Will much of it be seen, once the fuselage halves are joined? Be interesting to see. Lovely aircraft!

• Profile Photo

Not that much. You just need to do an "approximation" of the cockpit and leave the entry hatch open so some light gets in. I mean, it's frickin' black, right?

• Profile Photo

Greg: I have mine hanging on the wall, take it down to work on it, hang it back up.

• Profile Photo

The bomb bay will be covered with an insert that holds the Blue Steel missle in a recess. The speed brake is begging to be detailed, though.

• Profile Photo

I don’t buy/use a lot of photo etch beyond seatbelts, but feel that the speedbrake benefits from Eduard’s etched detail parts. More progress.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Great work, and what a lot of details. Cockpit looks fantastic. Looking forward to your progress on this one.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 6 years, 1 month ago:

Looking good John, I have one of these so I'll be watching your progress !

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 6 years ago:

Great kit, Allan. I’d like to do a tanker too, but they’re just so big!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 6 years ago:

More progress. Nice wing/intake structure. A little research revealed the rear of the cockpit is painted a color much like Sky, while everything under the glass and forward is black except the seats and consoles.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.