Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000B/D/N

Started by Wes Pennest · 37 · 3 years ago · 1/48, Kinetic, Mirage, mirage 2000N
  • Profile Photo
    Wes Pennest said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Aside from attaching the remaining gear doors, the bottom is done!

Only one slight problem: the decal for the "spear" immediately aft of the nose wheel well is actually the decal indicated for the top of the fuselage. The decal the instructions want you to use for the bottom fuselage is too big and it will either flop into the wheel well or intrude into the rest of the design underneath. Not a big deal, really.

These decals are some of the nicest I've ever dealt with. That white is perfectly opaque, you can hardly see the demarcation between the french blue and carmine red underneath them. They're relatively tough and can be poked and prodded, but the glue for the paper backing is pretty strong and does not care about the temperature of the water you use. Some decals will immediately slide off their paper if you put them in hot water, but these don't. You've got to soak them and keep soaking them until they decide to move. Fortunately when they're off the paper and onto a glossy surface, they move around nicely so you can massage them into place with a wet cotton swab.
    Now on to the topside!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

This is such an amazing decal job, Wes!
    This Mirage2000 has gorgeous looks.
    Looking forward to the topside decalling!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Such a great big decal - amazing stuff.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 2 months ago:

wow - large decals always make me nervous, but you're handling them nicely! Looking great.

• Profile Photo
    Wes Pennest said 3 years, 2 months ago:

STICK A FORK IN IT, ITS DONE

Full article HERE!:

Kinetic 1/48 Mirage 2000
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 2 months ago:

This was a great modeling journey, with a wonderful result, my friend @avispa93!
    I am off to the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 3 years, 2 months ago:

Great result indeed! Looking forward for some extra photos