Academy 1/48 F-86FSabre, HAF

Started by George R Blair Jr · 145 · 1 week ago · Academy 1/48 F-86F, F-86E(M), Hellenic Air Force, Icarus Decals, Sabre
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Looking excellent so far, my friend @gblair! That old bottle is to be praised!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Looks amazing after the clear coat, George @gblair
    This old bottle did the trick.

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Coming along nicely, George!
    Is that Super Gloss water based?

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Thanks, Spiros (@fiveten), John (@johnb), and Alfred (@alfred): Really pleased with the old Testors. I'm not sure about the Supergloss. I think it may be a hybrid (acrylic in a synthetic lacquer base), but I need to do some research on it.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 1 day ago:

I ran out of parts and instructions at the same time, so I think I am done. All of the sub-parts were done, so it was just a matter of adding the parts, checking things, and then calling it done. Thanks for following along. Tomorrow I will start on the Airfix F-86, with the paint scheme still to be determined.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Congratulations, my friend @gblair!
    She looks awesome on the headlines!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Excellent, definitely going to take this as an example, George @gblair

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Thanks, John (@johnb) and Spiros (fiveten). It was a pleasure building with you both. Looking forward to yours. I had to get mine done first so that it couldn't be compared with how good yours will be. Now, on to the Airfix. Still haven't finalized what paint scheme I am doing.

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 1 week, 1 day ago:

Looking fabulous, George!
    Nice benchmark you’ve set here. 👍

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 week ago:

Thanks, Alfred (@alfred). Don't now about a benchmark, but I am ready to jump into the Airfix kit.