F-86F of 32nd USAFE day fighter squadron 1952

Started by Alfred van Paaschen · 101 · 9 hours ago · F-86F, Netherlands, Soesterberg, USAFE, Wolfhounds
  • Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 2 weeks ago:

Wise words and so true, George!
    I will catch up in a week or two.
    Take care, guys.
    @gblair @johnb @fiveten

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 6 days ago:

@alfred, enjoy your holiday, Alfred

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 6 days ago:

Pity for the paint pull-off, my friend @alfred. Definitely repairable, but frustrating. While keeping notes sounds awesome, it might not prove too practical to do in reality. Posting our progress here is kind of a notebook that we can go through.
    Have a great vacation!

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 2 days, 18 hours ago:

Today I returned from a short vacation in Ibiza and will be back at the bench soon.

I’ve been reading your updates with much interest and happy to see you guys have all made good progress with your respective builds! @gblair @fiveten @johnb @clipper

Will post an update from my side in a couple of days.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 days, 10 hours ago:

Welcome back, my friend @alfred! So nice that you were on vacation. Looking forward to your updates!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 days, 9 hours ago:

Welcome back, must have been great to spent a couple of days in Ibiza, Alfred @alfred
    Time to do some serious work behind the now 😉

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 19 hours, 28 minutes ago:

Back at the workbench again.

I finished the green accents on both nose and wing tips. Also made a start with the application of the aftermarket decals for this specific Soesterberg Wolfhounds fighter.

Note the fighter’s “buzz number” FU-384 is partially placed over the temporary closed air brake. The plan is to first seal the decal with layer of Future and then carefully cut the decal with a fresh scalpel alongside the air brake seams and eventually open the air brake again. Wish me luck. 🍀

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 18 hours, 4 minutes ago:

This looks really good, Alfred @alfred
    Good idea on your approach with the air brake decal, might use that on mine as well.

• Profile Photo
    Alfred van Paaschen said 17 hours, 45 minutes ago:

Thanks, John. No guarantees however. Hope it will work out fine. 🤔

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 10 hours, 39 minutes ago:

Looks great so far, my friend @alfred! Looking forward to your decal slicing approach!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 9 hours, 51 minutes ago:

Looks great, Alfred (@alfred). Slicing will be a great trick. Looking forward to seeing the results.