Hasegawa 1/48 F-86F-30 - Lt. Jim Thompson: The Huff

Started by Colin Gomez · 4 · 1 month ago
  • Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Thanks for the invitation to this inspiring group, George. I have so many things started these days that my first contribution will be one from the shelf of doom. As the pictures show, I got pretty far on the build 3 years ago but put it away for a variety of reasons. Here goes again.

The pics will just give you an idea that I am well on my way with the interior. I am therefore hopeful about contributing to this group. However, it will be a bit slow getting back into this as a project right away. I should have a bit more time by April to work on hobby stuff, including a couple of F-16s in 1/32, my SM-79 and several armour kits, amongst other projects. I haven't had time to post any hobby work since Christmas, or even build much, having started a new job.

Thanks again for getting this started. I may add another F-86 in 1/32 below; I have everything to do that as well. My preferred scale in 32nd, but it will be nice to finally finish the 48th kit as an inspiration and further metalizer experiment.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

What an amazing entry, my friend @coling! Looking forward to your next steps!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Great entry and ditto work on the interior, Colin @coling
    This cockpit shows some amazing details for 1/48.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 month, 4 weeks ago:

Welcome to the group, Colin (@coling). The work you have done on the cockpit really raises the level of the interior. We started out with 3 Academy Sabres, so it is good to see something else. The marking for The Huff are very cool. We are in the same boat as far as trying to get a number of models done. I am constantly shuffling the build list.