Hasegawa F-86F-30 Sabre - Finished!

Started by Eric Berg · 101 · 1 week ago · . 1/48, F-86F, Hasegawa, Sabre
  • Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

Sorry to hear about the wrist Eric (@eb801). Our hands are so much a part of who we are and to have to do without for a period is truly frustrating. Wishing you a successful surgery and a quick recovery. Don't worry about finishing the Sabre for us. We can wait.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 weeks, 6 days ago:

I' m sorry about your wrist, Eric @eb801
    Even with your right wrist broken it would have been difficult to continue modelling. Our hobby simply requires at least two hands, sometimes more would be helpful. Wishing you all the best for the surgery and recovery. Take care.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Sorry to hear for your wrist, my friend @eb801. Hope you have a successful surgery and a good recovery. Great progress on your Sabre!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

@gblair - I always use decals for Sabre ID stripes and have never had a problem.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Eric - take care of that wrist, buddy. How'd it happen?

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Tom@tcinla: Classic senior fall. Two little girls were dragging each other around on the floor obliviously in our local brew pub right in front of a door as I came walking through and caught my foot. Down I went. I made the classic mistake of putting my left hand out to break the fall as I had a glass in my right hand. I ended up with a complicated fractured wrist that required a two hr surgery. It's been a week now. Despite the nerve pain, I was able to assemble the last remaining bits to the Sabre and I am left handed!

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 week, 3 days ago:

One Handed Finish!

I made it to the finish line and was able to complete this Sabre and called it "finished". Headline photos will have to wait. I made one glaring error thanks to pain medication. How's that for an excuse? Can you guys spot it?

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Beautiful Sabre, Eric. I don’t see any flaws. Heal up fast!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 1 week, 3 days ago:

Really nice result here, @eb801.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 week, 2 days ago:

Excellent result, my friend @eb801! Cannot spot the error.
    Glad the surgery was successful, wishing you a good recovery.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 week, 2 days ago:

That's a wonderful Sabre in the end, Eric @eb801
    No clue either what that error might be.
    Take care and hope you will get well soon.