Digital Figure Sculpting

Started by Brian Mennenoh · 117 · 1 month ago · 3d modeling, 3D printing, 3d sculpting, digital, figure, sculpting
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

That's a nice detail to the pendant, Brian @brithebuilder
    I love those kinds of details.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

@johnb - Thanks John. Me too. I started sculpting just some sort of organic curve to add detail and it just started looking like a duck so I went with it. It made me laugh.

• Profile Photo

OK, here's a question for you all... @johnb, @fiveten, @chinesegeorge, @bikequeen, @anthonyricco, @eb801, @tcinla, @gwskat, @roofrat, @gblair, @lis, @coondog, @stephen-w-towle, @beauslx, @tom-bebout, @v1pro, @rory, @snaps0351 - the axe on the left side is important to the composition. It leads the viewer's eye back to Conan... Is it embedded in the guy that's crumpling?

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Bob Torres said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

A warrior before battle will carry extra knife, axe, sticks...anything they have used in the past that works, or learnt from training.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

This just might be a case of “much ado about nothing”. Or...”if you stare at something long enough it will start to look wrong”. How ‘bout “a willing suspension of disbelief”?

Conan can do 3 things at once and I’m sure there were plenty of axes strewn about and up for grabs in that pileup. Hmmm. Now you got me wondering too, Brian @brthebuilder

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

@brithebuilder He reloaded? 🙂 I have no clue Brian!

• Profile Photo
    gary sausmikat said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

I would say, yes, it is embedded in the guy. @brithebuilder

If that is something you would like to not depict, maybe you could have that lower individual rolled on his right side, while still prone, facing the main warrior, holding the axe in his left hand pointed towards the warrior, to maintain the "viewers line" back toward the main warrior.

It looks like a cool scene to model. GOOD LUCK, Brain. Can't wait to see it completed.

• Profile Photo

@v1pro - Makes sense Bob.

@eb801 - I totally agree Eric... I'm just trying to logic through it. If I'm going to include it, it has to be connected to something in the final model/diorama.

@bikequeen - LOL. Love it Cricket.

@gwskat - Thanks Gary... I'm definitely leaning in that direction, plus as I mentioned to Eric, it has to be connected to something for the final display piece as a physical thing. I am trying to stay as faithful to Frazetta's original as I can while making it an actual 3D printed model. It's going to be huge at 1/6 scale like the Death Dealer.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

It's stuck in the victim's spine

• Profile Photo

@roofrat - I like the way you think Robert!

• Profile Photo

Today's progress.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

@brithebuilder…..GREAT stuff there Brian!

• Profile Photo

@bikequeen - Thanks Cricket. I honestly didn't think this was going to be possible let alone actually be good. LOL I've never done anything to this level. The Death Dealer turned out really well, but there was no detail like this. Each one of these dudes is it's own anatomy study. Fortunately I love anatomy studies.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

Hi @brithebuilder, if it is embedded, along with all the other injuries in this scene, then where’s the blood?

• Profile Photo
    Robert Paschall said 1 month, 3 weeks ago:

@brithebuilder I think Conan planted his main battle axe in the guys back, and carried a second smaller axe as back up.