Phantom group build

Started by Thomas Sweeney · 20 · 8 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years ago:

Ouch! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Thomas Sweeney said 8 years ago:

I have two questions for you experienced modlers. One how do you get glue spots off the model?. Two in what order do you use decal medium and decal fix

Thanks

Tom

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 8 years ago:

Glue spots can be sanded away with fine to medium sanding stick/paper. Use Future floor polish or Humbrol Klear for a shiny finish for decalling. Apply decals and coat with Modelmaster Decal set for complex surfaces. Recoat decals with clear and thereafter a satin or flat varnish if desired.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 8 years ago:

When I'm putting decals down, after clear coating the model, I first put down a little MicroSol with a brush, slide the decal in place, then pat it down and work excess liquid out with a paper towel. Then I apply Solveset over the decal to help it settle into panel lines, etc. Depending on what I'm going to do next with weathering I'll apply either another gloss coat or a flat coat over the decals.

• Profile Photo
    Craig Abrahamson said 8 years ago:

Well...the end result was posted today on the "Headlines" page. If ya haven't seen it yet, here ya go: http://imodeler.com/2016/04/academy-148th-f-4c/