Doblhoff WNF 342, AMP 48008

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 42 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 4 months ago:

@luftwaffe-birdman, @fiveten, thanks my friends. It is indeed amazing to see that they were experimenting with jets on the blade tips, and it even worked.

Painting started

Scheme of this helicopter is quite easy. Just one plain color for the surfaces and darkgrey/black for the landing gear piping. The masks provided by AMP did a real good job.
    Weathering will be one of the next steps but just at a bare minimum since this V4 protoype only was airborn for 25 hours.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Looking really wonderful and definitely out of the ordinary, my friend @johnb!

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 4 months ago:

I don’t know how I missed this til now, John. Very interesting. I’ve never heard of this chopper before and you’re doing a fine job on it.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @j-healy, thanks a lot. Prior to this build, this remarkable aircraft was unknown to me as well. After I got the invitation for this amazing groupbuild, I started to search for choppers in WWII, my prefered era, and was surprised that the Germans already had quite a few 'mature' choppers in research.

• Profile Photo

Decals

Decals on this aircraft are minimal, just the codes with crosses on the side and the Swastikas (existing of two parts).
    They laid down pretty nice.
    I also attached the propellor used for the forward movement. This was a PE part and therefore pretty thin but required gentle handling.
    Wheels mounted as well on the fragile frame.
    Next will be mounting the remaining small parts and the main rotor before calling this one done.

• Profile Photo

Almost done, my friend @johnb and looking superb!

• Profile Photo
    Bob Torres said 2 years, 4 months ago:

This is looking great John @johnb. And nice job on the landing gear especially the mains. I just read that part on how you had to assemble that area.

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, @v1pro, thanks a lot.
    This afternoon the last round of coat was applied and I'm calling this one "done".

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 4 months ago:
    • and well done it is! Very interesting early bird.
  • Profile Photo
    Bob Torres said 2 years, 4 months ago:

Nice job John @johnb, great looking build. And very interesting and unique!

• Profile Photo

Well done also from here, my friend @johnb! Your build thread was a joy to follow!

• Profile Photo

@airbum, @v1pro, @fiveten, thanks a lot my friends. It was my pleasure to have you following this thread.