Little Nellie Gyrocopter

Started by Cricket · 7 · 1 year ago · 007, autogyro, Gyro, gyrocopter, James Bond, Little Nellie, Wallis WA-116 Agile
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Had this kit for years…many years decided to throw caution to the wind 2 years ago and built it…out was fun and worth the wait. Airfix 1/24 scale. I left the nose off and painted it separately as I didn't want to hide all the detail un dear it

8 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Great build, I love that scene from the movie. It looks like a good kit, and fun build. Nice to see it here.

• Profile Photo

@luftwaffe-birdman thanks Walt Little Nellie was the star of that film ;). Appreciate your comments 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Clearly something differen,t Cricket @bikequeen
    Seems indeed to be a funny kit.
    Result looks amazing and your choice to leave the nose off is a good choice, great details.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Great build indeed, my friend @bikequeen! Not often seen built, you did a super job! Loved the movie, loved the scene!

• Profile Photo

@johnb @fiveten it was interesting to build, tiny :). One of my favorite Bond films, second only to Thunderball….now if the make a model of the Rocket pack, I’ll buy it 🙂

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 1 year, 4 months ago:

Really nice job on what was clearly a fun build! 1/24th seems like the ideal scale for a small subject like this one. I like your decision to leave the nose off to display the inner detail. Definitely worth seeing. Picture 4 shows some really nice smooth paintwork on the main gondola/fuselage/nose, whatever it might be called. Overall great finish. Thanks for posting to the GB.