[Solved] iModeler is abandoned by admins?

Started by Dmitry Stropalov · 45 · 3 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Dear all,
    This thread makes me think of Mark Twain who once had to clarify: "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated".

Referring to another thread in Help & Support from yesterday... While, due to various reasons, the editor & admin roles have been keeping a very low profile during 2020 (regrettably including appearances on this forum - in particular, I decided to park the @editor activity, while maintaining admin responsibility) , it is not true that the iModeler site isn't maintained or has been abandoned.

For various reasons, there were no new features added to iModeler during 2020, but the existing ones were working rather well. The necessary effort has been made to ensure that the system is being kept operational, the security your data and the site maintained, site performance & uptime kept within service limits.

We have also discovered that some functions got broken in after a major software update triggered last month. We plan to conduct a technical review of the site shortly to get these errors fixed. I would be grateful for everyone's input on anything additional that's not working today.

Happy Modelling!
    M

• Profile Photo
    Marcus Vinicius Teixeira Borges said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Martin,

whatever keeps you in low-profile mode,does make we long for your presence.

All the best and congratulations on a fine work.

Marcus

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Those were the greatest news that I read, dear @editor!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• Profile Photo
    Chuck A. Villanueva said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Happy New Year Martin, hope family is well. Good to hear from you. Good to know that you will look into the issues to our favorite modeling site. Stay safe and God Bless.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Great news @techsupport. Thanks for all you do here with this place.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 years, 3 months ago:

That is wonderful news. Thanks for all your admin work and dedication to the art of modeling. This is a great site.

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years, 3 months ago:

@techsupport this is the greatest news I could have wished for. I have some further questions for you regarding the site in case you have time please send me a PM.

For the remainder and in case not mentioned already, it seems impossible now to add pictures to PM's sent from the site. Best, Michel.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 3 months ago:

@techsupport SOOO glad to hear! FYI, I'd willingly pitch in annually ($$) to help keep the site humming along, if that ever becomes an issue. I suspect many of us would!

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 3 years, 3 months ago:

@techsupport SOOO glad to hear! FYI, I'd willingly pitch in annually ($$) to help keep the site humming along, if that ever becomes an issue. I suspect many of us would!

• Profile Photo
    Dmitry Stropalov said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks for the information @techsupport! Glad to hear that, and hope the issues (images in PMs, emailing) will be fixed soon.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks a lot for clarifying: “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated”.

One issue that may find a way to your list may be the fact that we get thrown out from the page when we post something where we mention someone with a @ - I'm gonna try to make one here and check if it still exists @techsupport - thank you for being a proper Duck! (calm on the surface, paddling like. . .)

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Ok - that worked very well - i did not get thrown off the page, so that one seems to have been adressed - great news!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Mister M, our hero @techsupport

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 years, 3 months ago:

One of the best messages I read this year and even last year.
    I am pretty new to this community and do like it a lot.
    Especially for all the friendly and helpfull people you meet here.
    Good to see that this community will continue.
    Thanks a lot Martin for doing this and stay safe. @techsupport

• Profile Photo
    Site Administrator said 3 years, 3 months ago:

Thanks everyone. @starfar I will be contacting you about details