A Caesar with a grin

Started by Erik Gjørup · 70 · 1 year ago · 1/48, 109werke, airbum, AMG, Bf 109, Bf109, bf109c, caesar, Haldværk, Luftwaffe, LW GB, Messerschmitt, quarterscale
  • Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 1 year, 5 months ago:

That Caesar might need some fine tip brush but the hard part is done and it looks far better than a decal for sure, go for it Erik @airbum

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 5 months ago:

These are wonderful modeling skills, my friend @airbum! The teeth look great already, they will look perfect after some cleanup!
    You are not the only one tempted to remove masks too early ☺️☺️☺️

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 5 months ago:

You are braver than I am, Erik (@airbum). Trying to mask something like this is tough. Well done.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 5 months ago:

All the masking did result in some nice looking teeth, Erik @airbum
    After those touch-ups any dentist will become jealous.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Well, it has been a while, but I have a minor update on this one @j-healy, @lis, @lgardner, @gwskat, @gkittinger, @coling, @chinesegeorge, @michel-verschuere, @luftwaffe-birdman, @uscusn, @holzhamer, @fiveten, @gblair and @johnb. (just to mention you gents that had left a comment earlier)

Teeth done?

I tried my best at correcting the teeth.

Far from perfect in my humble opinion

But that is as good as it gets.

next up it will have a layer or two of clear, then it will be decal time!

• Profile Photo
    Michel Verschuere said 1 year, 2 months ago:

It's pretty good I think @airbum given you are not a professional dentist! Does the job of scaring the hell out of the opponent in any case!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 2 months ago:

To my eyes the teeth look excellent, my friend @airbum, especially taking into account the...lunar landscape they had to settle on...
    I am sure that even in reality the teeth would not look more refined than your model's, I think you got the looks right.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 1 year, 2 months ago:

I like it! Dang it, I will have to add one of these to my 109 project...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 2 months ago:

To me those teeth do look pretty good, even close to the screen, Erik @airbum
    The way they are usualy presented on decals is not realistic to my opinion.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 1 year, 2 months ago:

@airbum
    Don’t be too harsh on yourself, gents above said it well, the painted sharkmouth is way better than the decal, even if the lines are less rigid here and there, much like the real thing probably was too.
    I like it and probably wouldn’t have got half of your result if I tried it 😉