A couple of Schlacht planes zooming down

Started by Pedro L. Rocha · 98 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Eduard, Fw.190 F, Henschel 129 B, Revell, Schlacht combo
  • Profile Photo
    Woody Kubacki said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Really digging the mottle and the various tones in the paintwork, it's simply stunning.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Superb paintwork, Pedro @holzhamer
    Also the oil wash looks already amazing.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 7 months ago:

@holzhamer - thanks for the inspiration on the Fw-190F-8, which I have here. Your usual beautiful paint work is really nice on this.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Amazing paint job, my friend @holzhamer!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Thank you all for the good feedback I really appreciate it

All decals are applied, only the wing walk stencils are left out because I intend to paint them. A fresh gloss coat was applied anticipating the final weathering details.
    The UC legs are in place but still drying.

Following Dmitry’s advices and also some other sources, I decided to use Eduard’s decals for the plain white cross applied in the upper wings. Using warm water plus Micro Sol & Ser I let them dry overnight.
    Then, during this morning I carefully used a piece of Tamiya tape, already applied to the table a couple of times in order to remove some of its tacky glue, and use it over the decals. After 2/3 swipes the film peeled off without much fuss, and only the white areas remained. It really looks like painted surface

• Profile Photo

Looks amazing, Pedro @holzhamer
    The white crosses are great, I'm noting this tip as well.

• Profile Photo

@johnb- thanks John! Make sure you test these “new” decals Eduard now has before actually using the ones you intend on the kit. I also found that even without peeling the carrier film, they are quite fine and invisible once dry

• Profile Photo

Beautiful job on the decals, my friend @holzhamer!
    Putting the tape (even low-tacked) over the decal should have made your hair rising!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten- 😉 indeed so Spiros my friend, but just in case the whole thing went sour I had a plan B at hand (an extra set of crosses), a must if you want to try tape over decal film eheheh

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 7 months ago:

No kidding that’s a fine paint and weathering wonder you’ve creating here, Pedro@holzhamer.

The Eduard decals on the 2019 Fw-190A-8 that I am currently building are excellent overall and quite opaque. No lifting so far.

• Profile Photo

One last update before completing the 190 and presenting it on the headlines. I’m still struggling with proper light and space so as getting good photos 🙁

Most of the weathering is done minus chipping and some other final details, like the propeller paddles.
    Half-way painting those wing walk stencils in RLM 77 and some cracks appeared in the starboard wing tip junction, probably due to lack of glue. So some liquid glue was applied and some Mr Surfacer to smooth it up again. Next is to reshape the camouflage colors over it.

The wheels are made by Bregun and are much more refined than those supplied in the box. In order to fit them I had to cut half of the rod where the wheel fits the UC leg, so their bond is somewhat fragile (hope I don’t snap one inadvertently while handling the kit)

And last but not least a sort of museum view 😉

As soon as this one is completed I’ll carry on with updates of the Stuka and hopefully the Henschel too

• Profile Photo

Weathering looks already impressive, Pedro @holzhamer
    Those cracks are the least what you want to see during those final stages.
    The Bregun wheels look indeed great, like the entire build.
    Count me in as well to find the proper light conditions, for some reason it is so difficult to get the real colors onto a picture.
    Looking forward to the headline presentation of this awesome build.

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 7 months ago:

@holzhamer - this is really impressive work. I like everything you've done that I have seen, but this one is a standout from that excellent crowd. Beautiful paint work for the weathering.

• Profile Photo

This is indeed a masterpiece, my friend @holzhamer!

• Profile Photo

Thank you my friends! This F-8 is my fifth Eduard’s “newer” mould 190, and still find it an amazing kit, it’s a great canvas to paint and weather for sure.
    Currently working on their Spitfire Mk.IX and also find that one a marvellous model…