Captured Bf109G-1, 1/48th Hasegawa Bf109G-6

Started by Walt · 24 · 2 years ago · Academy, Bf109, Captured, Hasegawa, Luftwaffe
  • Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 6 months ago:

All those colors and the time you have spent painting your 109 up to this point, @luftwaffe-birdman, has paid off big time here and well worth it. Great color combination. Blue under yellow. Great idea. I will try that.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Colorful it is, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    All the paintwork you did does give this 109 a special look.
    Propellor looks great.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Well I have applied the last of the decals and they are drying, and so far so good. Generally the decals have behaved nicely, and settled down nicely. Decals can be the most rewarding and most frustrating part of the build, and the one the modeler has the least amount of control over. You are at the mercy of the decal, the solution and how they interact and react with each other and the surface of your model. I have had decals wrinkle up like 90 yr old grandma and others from the same sheet lay down smoother then a babies butt on the same kit. One thing I have learned though is generally once you have the solution on, decal in position and excess fluid wicked away, just leave it alone! Fight the urge to want pat it down smooth it out and get it to dry. Just let them alone and pray to the decal god and sacrifice to him one model kit to the shelf of doom for the decals to settle down and look good.

5 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Those decals came on real nice, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Great job on those decals, my friend @luftwaffe-birdman!

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 6 months ago:

This is perhaps the most colourful 109 ever, almost a “flying circus” sort of one 😉
    It’s a very eye catching model Walt

• Profile Photo
    David Mills said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Nice work Walt @luftwaffe-birdman she's looking good.

• Profile Photo
    Walt said 2 years, 6 months ago:

Well I am just about done. I just need to finalize the base I will put it on. Its not perfect but it will definitely catch your eye. I am hoping to finish this weekend and post on the headlines page by Sunday, wish me luck!

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

This is a wonderful addition, Walt @luftwaffe-birdman
    First ever 109 I saw with an umbrella.
    The minor misalignment is barely visible, if you don't know, you will not notice it.
    Looking forward to the pictures revealing the full build.