Eduard 1/48 Fw 190A-8

Started by Eric Berg · 102 · 2 years ago · Eduard Fw 190A-8, Fw 190A-8
  • Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks Louis for the group invite. Looks like fun all around. I've decided to build Eduard's recent ProfiPack version of Fw 190A-8 as this guy has been sitting on my stash shelf since it was released. I'm looking forward to getting started on it soon.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Your choice will for sure be a great addition to this group, Eric.
    For me the short nosed 190's are the nicest ones.
    Looking forward to yours.

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Strapped in!

• Profile Photo
    Tom Cleaver said 2 years, 11 months ago:

If you haven't built one of the new Eduard 190s, prepare for an enjoyable experience. Everything fits as it should, everything goes together as it should, and if you commit the revolutionary act of Following The Instructions, you are guaranteed a great build that will turn into a super model.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Nice entry, my friend @eb801!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo

FRONT OFFICE STARTED
    I dove right into this. Here's the almost completed cockpit. Love the PE. in this kit. Eduard has figured out a way to print raised "glass" bezel covers on all the instruments. Very impressive. More comments to come soon. Everything is so tight, it's very hard to photograph.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Yep, it’s a first rate kit as you’ve find out so far Eric. Just take some time doing some dry runs when it’s time to join te wings to the fuselage. That’s an area that demands some careful preparation in order to get the dihedral angle of the wings right and not getting those gun hatches far too in or out the fuselage wall

• Profile Photo

Perdro- did you install the wing guns per instructions or would you recommend cutting them off and installing the barrels at the end of the build to avoid potential breakage?

You are absolutely correct - this is indeed a first rate kit. Much better that awful first try they put out back in 2006.

• Profile Photo

@eb801 - yes, cut the the inboard cannons and install the gun barrels at the end of the project. Otherwise you'll just knock them off no matter your attempts not to (ask me how I know).

Nice work on that cockpit. This kit is an "ace maker" of modelers the way the original was of pilots.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Your interior does indeed loke impressive, Eric @eb801
    Were the seatbelts printed in that color or did you paint them yourself.

• Profile Photo

John- Yes the entire PE sheet is printed in color. Sure makes life easy although it takes some of the painstaking fun out of detailing the cockpit. The raised clear "glass" covers over the dials are nice touch.
    No more need for white glue.

• Profile Photo

Tom - I gather it wasn't your cat who knocked the wing guns off.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 11 months ago:

@eb801
    Regarding your question Eric as a personal experience I think I’ve had all the cannons replaced by brass barrels on all my 4 Eduard Würgers, but on the current F-8 I am using the plastic parts for a change.
    I tend to avoid having small bits installed before the full completion of the model whenever possible

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Cockpit looks great, my friend @eb801!

• Profile Photo

@eb801 - Uhhhh...nope. 🙂