Started by Eric Berg · 102 · 2 years ago · Eduard Fw 190A-8, Fw 190A-8
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Nice decal job, my friend @eb801!
    Good that the main decals worked well.
    Good luck with the stencils!

• Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Your 190 is looking incredible ! I really like what I see here... and the blue really pops. This is an excellent choice of markings, one that I have not seen done before.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Thank Louis @lgardner - this color scheme and earlier version of the markings appeared in the Eduard ‘06 boxing of their first attempt at a 190A-8 Wurger. Eduard says the markings are based on actual photographs but I have yet to find any.

• Profile Photo

STANDING ON ONE LEG
    I can see the finish line now. Blue 4 is now ready to go after some light panel work and a final spray of flat Alclad varnish. For the first time in many a model, I decided to run the brake lines. Adds a tad of extra detail. Got one leg firmly in place. 4 will be standing up by the end of today.

• Profile Photo

Love those brake lines, my friend @eb801!
    The do add a lot of realism and sparking looks!
    Looking forward to see "Blau4" crossing the finish line!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Brake lines are indeed great looking, Eric @eb801
    What material did you use for that if I may ask.

• Profile Photo

STANDING ON 2 LEGS NOW!

@johnb, @fiveten, @lgardner: Those brake lines were made from white 30 gauge AWG silicone wire that I painted black. (I also use this wire for spark plug wiring when I build cars.) The rigid brake line is a similar gauge of hard straight wire painted metallic grey. Now it's on to the canopy, antenna stringing and attaching the fiddly parts plus weathering.

• Profile Photo

Closer and closer to the finish line, my friend @eb801!
    And looking superb already!

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Eric, I just found this thread and your model looks great! I love that blue nose and the camo work looks spot on to me. I am glad to read your glowing recommendation of the kit too. I need one in the display and this looks to be a good one. Very nice work all around! 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 2 years, 7 months ago:

Very nice, Eric.

• Profile Photo

Thanks for the explenation, Eric @eb801
    Great to see her on her feet.
    Just a few more steps.

• Profile Photo

MORE WEATHERING COMPLETED

@j-healy,@garybrantley,@johnb,@fiveten - hey guys thanks for all the comments. Just finished the undersides but I am leaving off the fiddly antennas until the last minute to avoid breakage. Top side is done as well. Next up: install the gun barrels, string the antenna and attach the canopy. Pop the prop on and stick it on the shelf. However, we have our two grandkids staying for a couple of days so with school and soccer...

• Profile Photo

Your weathering is always great Eric @eb801, and this one is no exception.
    Very realistic.
    Good luck with your grandkids, maybe you can get them exicted for participating in modelling as well.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 7 months ago:

I share John’s opinion, the underside weathering looks good indeed mate @eb801

• Profile Photo

I share both our friends @johnb and @holzhamer opinion as well, regarding the great weathering, my friend @eb801!