Eduard FW 190 A-3

Started by Ben Walmsley · 15 · 2 years ago · 1/48, Eduard, FW-190
  • Profile Photo
    Ben Walmsley said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Hi everyone, this one is mostly complete so apologies for the late arrival to the group. This is the first “new tool” Eduard kit I’ve built and I’m definitely impressed. The parts need careful clean up but the surface detail is amazing! She’s just waiting on a gloss coat then it’s on with the decals. I’ll post more pics as I go.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Looking great, Ben.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 10 months ago:

This is such a great entry, my friend @popeofchillitown and a great progress, so far!
    Love your camo!
    Looking forward to your progress!

• Profile Photo
    Erik Gjørup said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Better late than never @popeofchillitown. From the present state of your build I can say that I do like it a lot - and I shall be popping in now and then to check up on your progress 🙂

• Profile Photo

Got the decals on. They went down very nicely but I’m thinking that the surface detail on these eduard kits really deserves to be masked and painted. Nevertheless, we’ll see how it comes up after a wash. I also added a little light exhaust staining with an airbrush. Not gonna go too heavy with the weathering on this one. Fiddly bits are ready to go too.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

No need to paint them insignia, as your decalling job is superb, my friend @popeofchillitown !
    Looking forward to see this beauty put together.

• Profile Photo

Very nice, Ben.
    Just noticed the bottomside color going slightly over the edges towards the top surface, perfectly done.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 10 months ago:

Hey Ben, that’s a fine looking Wurger with the markings of Oblt. Rolwer. Are those from the box or from the Exito decal sheet?
    Eduard’s “new” 190s are great fun to build aren’t they 😉

• Profile Photo

G’day Pedro, thanks for checking it out. Those are the Exito decals, and they’re excellent. One thing I did notice though, the decals seem to be slightly smaller in scale than the markings on the corresponding artwork/ instructions.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 10 months ago:

That’s unusual… I’ve build one of the subjects of that sheet here - https://imodeler.com/2019/04/hasegawa-fw-190-a-5-giving-a-long-time-shelf-queen-new-robes/
    And did’t notice any size issuewith them.

• Profile Photo

Almost there. In fact it would be finished by now but I had a bit of a disaster with the sliding canopy. I have found a replacement in the spares box so I just have to mask and paint it, and then add antenna wire. She should be ready for the headlines soon!

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

Looking great @popeofchillitown!
    Great that you had a replacement conopy.

• Profile Photo

Yeah, me too mate. That’s one of the great things about eduard 190’s…4 in every box!

• Profile Photo

Looking great, Ben. @popeofchillitown
    All those rivets look awesome. Are they from the mold themselves?

• Profile Photo

Hi John, yes they are. The surface detail is impressive all over the kit.