Revell Henschel Hs129B2

Started by John vd Biggelaar · 96 · 2 years ago
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Looking spectacular so far, my friend @johnb!
    Who says that bad weather is "bad"? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 years, 11 months ago:

@luftwaffe-birdman, Thanks Walt. RLM70/71 is will be.
    @fiveten, Thanks Spiros, sometimes the weather in the Netherlands is helping us modellers to get extra time on the bench.

• Profile Photo

Progressing this week was not that much.
    Applied RLM70 (black green) and tried moreless the same approach as done by George (@gblair) on his Spanish 109.
    I diluted the RLM70 and added a drop of white to use on the middle parts of the panels.
    Currently applying masks for the splinter camouflage, RLM71, which I hope to finish within coming week.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Good progress, my friend @johnb.!
    I love the panelling technique!

• Profile Photo

@fiveten, thank you Spiros. In real it is slightly brighter, the picture looks pretty dark, likely because of the white carpet as background.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Looks great, John (@johnb). I like the way your panels are coming out. Hopefully you aren't working over the white carpet, because you would be a really brave man to paint and glue over this pristine white. If I did that, I could use it as an example for a mottled camo. :o)

• Profile Photo

@gblair, thanks George. This is definitely not the modelling working area, I think it will not be appriciated by my wife ๐Ÿ™‚ .

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Nice progress @johnb and that RLM70 looks good with the panel shading. Have you done the dark green yet?

• Profile Photo

@eb801, thanks Eric, the dark green RLM71 is the next color to be applied.

• Profile Photo
    Pedro L. Rocha said 2 years, 11 months ago:

The engine nacelles detail is quite good John. Those exterior IP dials always got me wondering how to best deal with them. Your work will be a good guidance to me

• Profile Photo

@holzhamer, thanks Pedro. This is still what I'm struggling with, how to apply those external IP onto the engines nicely.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Hi John, Iโ€™m really enjoying this WIP. I hope you donโ€™t mind me making a suggestion, you could try using Microscale metal foil adhesive when attaching PE details, it gives you more fiddle time than CA, recommended to me by our good friend Richard McStay.

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo

@chinesegeorge, thanks George. Really appreciate your suggestion. This was indeed one of the things that bothers me most, only having one change to do it right when using CA. For sure I'm going to try this.

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Coming along very nicely, John. The pre-shade looks great under both underside and topside colors. The splinter camo masks should be fun. I find the German schemes quite relaxing to mask with the relatively straight lines involved. I am approaching the painting stage on one of my Bf-109s as the fuselage comes together. Always good to finally get to the more interesting stages of painting and finishing.

• Profile Photo

@coling, thanks Colin. Yes, those splinter camouflages are a bit of relaxing in this final stage. Hopefully the masking tape comes off easily.