Revell 1/72 Heinkel He-177 w/Fritz X

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 87 · 4 months ago · 1/72, Fritz X, He-177, Heinkel, Luftwaffe, Luftwaffe GB, Revell
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks my friends @j-healy and @georgeswork!

It indeed is a high quality kit, John, one of the great "new era" Revell kits that appeared some 20 years ago or so.

Yes, 1/72 is a good scale for large bombers, especially when they are thoroughly represented by kit manufacturers, such as is the case here.

George, I was a Boy Scout, for a while: yep, "Be Prepared" was a motto to follow...

• Profile Photo
    Colin Gomez said 3 years, 1 month ago:

That's some really fine airbrush work on the camo, Spiros. This will be a beauty.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Thanks my friend @coling!

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Camo looks great, Spiros (@fiveten). This was a really cool looking plane, and I am looking forward to seeing all of the Fritz X's handing off the wings.

• Profile Photo
    Morne Meyer said 3 years, 1 month ago:

Hi Spiros. Great to see you tackling this kit. I have this kit in the stash and will be following your build for sure. You have done an amazing job thus far. Well done!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Thanks my friends @gblair and @mornem!

It is great kit, one minor side issue is that the plastic is just a little brittler than the norm, but nothing really serious.

I have already painted the Fritz-Xs underside color, as per instructions and photo evidence, but there is a possibility to have been at times seen in RLM02.

• Profile Photo
    Ronnie Olsthoorn said 3 years ago:

Nice going! That should build up to a pretty impressive model.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 years ago:

Thanks my friend @skyraider3d!

• Profile Photo
    Gary Brantley said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Hey @fiveten, you've done such a masterful job on that paintwork! Wow! That is going to be a superb model dude. πŸ™‚

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Whoa, @fiveten! What a great choice! I have heard this is a bit of a fussy kit, but based on what you said, maybe it isn’t. You sure are off to a roaring start! Looks like it takes up a bit of shelf space though. I’m strapped in as well.

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Whoa, @fiveten! What a great choice! I have heard this is a bit of a fussy kit, but based on what you said, maybe it isn’t. You sure are off to a roaring start! Looks like it takes up a bit of shelf space though. Thanks for posting the instructions.

I’m strapped in as well.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 years, 11 months ago:

Thanks my friends @garybrantley and@eb801!

I have "prioritized" my 1/32 Sukhoi Su-27 at the moment in Tom's "Build or Bin" GB...

https://imodeler.com/groups/build-em-or-bin-em-get-your-mojo-back/forum/topic/trumpeter-1-32-su-27b-%d1%81%d0%b8%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%b9-24-chojna-poland-1992/

...so this Heinkel beauty has not received too much attention lately...something that is going to change soon!

This is one of Revell's marvels that had emerged during that great, brave era two decades ago, where Revell would constantly surprise us by offering "modern" kits of very interesting and, at cases, rare subjects with Cartograf decals at low prices: what more could someone ask for?

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

So, it is only after roughly two and a half years that I decided to reengage...πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Here is the beauty in progress of decaling...

Due to my camo rendition differing from what I see at net available pics (harder top demarcation lines and, possibly, shades - though the latter can be, to a degree, debatable), I decided to cheat and created a hypothetical KG40 machine by shuffling the decal codes, oh my πŸ˜– - and the fact that, possibly, the specific coding can neither be confirmed nor discarded does not make me feel any better πŸ€­πŸ€­πŸ€­πŸ€­πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Hope to tackle silvering, at least to a degree πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€¨πŸ€¨πŸ€¨

• Profile Photo
    John Healy said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

The camo looks very plausible and the decals are bringing the model to life. It’s looking good. Get her across the finish line, Spiros! I picked one of these kits up at a show last year and would like to build it soon.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 6 months, 2 weeks ago:

Thanks my friend @j-healy! The kit builds beautifully!