Revell 1/72 Heinkel He-177 w/Fritz X

Started by Spiros Pendedekas · 87 · 3 months ago · 1/72, Fritz X, He-177, Heinkel, Luftwaffe, Luftwaffe GB, Revell
  • Profile Photo
    Louis Gardner said 5 months ago:

Spiros Pendedekas (@fiveten)
    WOW ! I am like Eric, (only I'm not down in Buenos Aires), in that I have completely missed this entry until just now. I'm very happy to see you are working on it again. It's definitely looking very good. Please keep it going my friend.

I have not had too much time lately for building. Work on our home has kept me from getting in some quality "bench time". Hopefully soon this home project will be completed, so I can get back to regular posting again.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 5 months ago:

Thank you so much, my friend @lgardner! A nice kit it is!

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Onto fixing the rear gunner's compartment, the rear top circular frame half had been broken off, vanishing to eternity, so a suitably formed styrene piece was added, needing some blending/shaping...

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 4 months, 1 week ago:

A nice save, Spiros @fiveten

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Great work on a really difficult piece, Spiros (@fiveten). That shape must have been tough to capture.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 4 months, 1 week ago:

Thanks my friends @johnb and @gblair! I was scratching my head for some time on how to fix it, resorted to a half 1/48 bomb piece fro the spares box.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Started painting the gazillion of frames of the gazillion of transparencies 😄...

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Looking really good Spiros @fiveten. I sure hope you have a set of precut canopy masks!

• Profile Photo

Thank you so much, my friend @eb801! Well, it is hand painting, l am not too much into canopy masks.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 3 months, 1 week ago:

Nice work on the transparencies, Spiros @fiveten

• Profile Photo
    Carl Smoot said 3 months, 1 week ago:

A first time for me as well, great work Spiros (@fiveten). You're close to getting it across the finish line now. Hand paint the canopy frames, wow you must have steady hands!

• Profile Photo

Thanks so much, my friends @johnb and @clipper! Well, hand painting the transparencies and not using masks is more of a "why changing the habits of a lifetime" case 😄