MiG 21 F-13 Fishbed C Revell 1/72

Started by Ferry Dierckxsens · 23 · 4 years ago · 1/72, fishbed, MiG, Revell
  • Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Yes I have started with my first Mig for the groupbuild. Just a nice kit from Revell the MiG 21 F-13 Fishbed C which will be build OOB. Soviet Blue 66 in natural metal finish.
    Started with the cockpit, as usual, and prepared the wheel boxes for the main gear and nosewheel.
    No specific problems yet. I used Revell aquacolor for the cockpit. Wheelbox interior with Vallejo Dark aluminum and Vallejo black wash.
    To be continued...

6 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Robert Royes said 5 years, 2 months ago:

A great start on a cool aircraft!

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Looking good so far Ferry.

• Profile Photo
    Jeff Bailey said 5 years, 2 months ago:

Ferry, this looks great! Have fun!

• Profile Photo

Thanks guys, slowly moving on.

• Profile Photo
    S. Cubas said 5 years, 2 months ago:

That interior looks so great. Likes me so much.

• Profile Photo

Thank you very much. I made a little more progress. Preparing the fuselage halves and added a litlle weight in the nose as I was not sure if it sits level after completion. Also made the final things for the cockpit and than it will be time to close the fuselage.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    S. Cubas said 5 years, 1 month ago:

What a detaills with this tiny scale. Great!

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Yes, thank you. Building straight out of the box, Revell managed to get a lot of detail into this model. With some relatively easy painting it works very well in 1/72 scale.

• Profile Photo
    Greg Kittinger said 5 years, 1 month ago:

Lookin' good!

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 5 years ago:

Now in the black base colour before starting with the aluminium metal colours.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Allan J Withers said 5 years ago:

Coming along nicely Ferry !

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 5 years ago:

Did some work on the MiG 21. First coat of aluminium. I used Vallejo Metal Color dark aluminium to start with. Next will be some tone variations with other colors from the Vallejo Metal Color range.

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 4 years, 11 months ago:

Again some progress. Landing gear installed, centerline fueltank prepared, painted the two bombs, and working on the canopy and smaller details. Lovely kit to work on, and get going with the decals shortly.

3 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Ferry Dierckxsens said 4 years, 11 months ago:

I think we're ready with the MiG 21 now. Calling her done. Decals went on without problems, reacted well to Microscale sol. Painted smaller details and decided to keep the prestine look for celebrations. Little fitting issue with the canopy, and the landing gear is somewhat fiddly to install. Overall a very nice kit to work on. Official photos to follow. I hope you like the model.

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.