Excelsior-Henderson Super X 1:8 Scratch Build

Started by Matt Minnichsoffer · 102 · 7 months ago · 1/8, Excelsior-Henderson, motorcycle, Scratch Build, Super X
  • Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 2 months ago:

The design work you are doing for 3D printing is amazing, Matt (@coondog). I have done some simple designs on Tinkercad, but you have knocked it out of the park with these designs. Looking forward to watching it all come together.

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Not a great deal of new parts built in the last week or so as I've been working on a military D7 bulldozer at the same time. However, I have been tightening up parts and have the shifter & air cleaner in place on the engine. I have discovered that the best way to make sure everything will actually fit is to build the entire bike and pull the parts for printing after the fact. At least I hope this works…at any rate, here's the engine progress to date. Thanks for following along.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 2 months ago:

It looks incredible, Matt @coondog, really enjoying following this build.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Looks awesome indeed, my friend @coondog!

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Thanks for the kind words @fiveten @chinesegeorge

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 2 months ago:

The engine looks really great, Matt @coondog

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 1 month ago:

@coondog Amazing build!

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Now that I've got my other build completed (U.S. Army D7 Bulldozer) I can focus on the Super X build again. I fitted the engine with value covers in the frame. Additional build pieces are the oil tank, battery and rear swing cage. Please note the floorboards and full foot controls.

Again, I'm amazed that it all fits with very little adjustments.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 1 month ago:

I’m not so amazed that it all fits, Matt @coondog, given the techniques you are using, but your attention to detail is amazing.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

This is truly amazing, my friend @coondog!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Excellent work, Matt @coondog

• Profile Photo
    Matt Minnichsoffer said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Happy Friday gang! Made major progress this week including mating the front end to the frame. The front end assembly fits pretty good to the rest of the bike, but there are some adjustments I need to make before locking in the 3D print files. New items include the rear fender, tail light, belt guard, fender struts and both seats. The stock Super X had a two-piece seat and the Deadwood Special had a single-piece seat so I had to build both. The finish line looks to be in sight on the first leg of the build. Thanks for following along.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Some really good progress, Matt @coondog

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Yet more great progress, @coondog, you’re definitely getting there.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 1 month ago:

Great progress indeed, my friend @coondog!