George’s motorcycles - 2023

Started by George Williams · 121 · 10 months ago
  • Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

What more to add, George @chinesegeorge
    An excellent result.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@chinesegeorge - Fantastic work George. The finished bike looks amazing. I'm looking forward to starting a bike build myself!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Fantastic work George! I LOVE IT! I need to get this kit…I cut my teeth on Ducati 😉

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 3 months ago:

So what did you get for Christmas, George?

Good question, @brithebuilder, @anthonyricco, @gblair, @rory, @bikequeen, @johnb, @fiveten, @eb801, @richardmcstay48gmail-com.

I had planned on Tamiya’s 1/6 Africa Twin, but I changed my mind as it was too big, too expensive, and not really my kind of bike.

Instead I went for this:

It’s the pre-coloured version, so no paints, no cement, and no aftermarket required.

More to come, thanks for looking, and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@chinesegeorge - that looks like a beautiful kit George. No paints though, cool... I think... I have built gundam kits without painting, so I guess. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the build! It'll be interesting to get your take on the kit overall.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Sounds an extremely interesting kit, my friend @chinesegeorge. Love the bike's looks!
    Looking forward to it!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

This looks like an amazing kit, George @chinesegeorge
    No paint and glue, looking forward to your experience on this.

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 2 months ago:

@chinesegeorge….looking forward to this one George!

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Good morning everyone @brithebuilder, @anthonyricco, @gblair, @rory, @bikequeen, @johnb, @fiveten, @eb801, @richardmcstay48gmail-com. So let’s look at this kit. Here’s a picture of the parts, mostly pre-coloured ABS, rubber tyres, a little bit of etching, mainly the brake discs, some transfers, and 49 screws.

The engine assembly comes first, in three steps, you need to follow the instructions carefully in order to assemble the parts in the correct order.

Everything so far is a push fit, no cement needed, but some parts need a pretty hefty push and I’m afraid of breaking something.

Anyway, that’s the main part of the engine done, lots more to come.

Thanks for looking and happy modelling.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 2 months ago:

That engine looks really great, George @chinesegeorge
    The content of the box looks impressive, seems like a very decent kit.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 2 months ago:

That engine looks impressive, my friend @chinesegeorge!

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 2 months ago:

@chinesegeorge - that is pretty George. Are you going to do any wash?

• Profile Photo
    Eric Berg said 1 year, 2 months ago:

George @Chinesegeorge You can’t go wrong with Meng. I was also wondering if you are going to do a light wash? Going to be a beauty when you finish..

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Wow very interesting kit @chinesegeorge, looking forward to see how it comes out.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 2 months ago:

Hi ladies and gentlemen, @brithebuilder, @anthonyricco, @gblair, @rory, @bikequeen, @johnb, @fiveten, @eb801, @richardmcstay48gmail-com. Thanks for looking and your kind comments. In answer to the questions re washes, I’m not planning to do that at the moment, maybe later.

The next part of the assembly covers the rear swing arm and shock absorber.

Lots of pushing and shoving, and the first parts needing screws, for which Meng supply a rather snazzy looking, slightly magnetised, screwdriver.

The rear shock absorber construction continues, and it’s time to add the rear tyre to the wheel, here we see the first glimpse of the carbon effect printing on the wheel.

Plenty more to come, thanks again for looking, and happy modelling.