Honda CB1100 R

Started by Cricket · 43 · 1 year ago · 1/6th, Honda, Honda CB1100 R, motorcycle, Tamiya
  • Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 4 months ago:

What our friend @johnb wrote, my friend @bikequeen! A superb result!
    Congratulations!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 4 months ago:

@fiveten @gblair thanks Guys! I enjoyed this kit a lot. The frame that holds on the front fairing is a bit week, but should be okay if I dont drive it fast šŸ˜‰

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 1 year, 4 months ago:

It is amazing how different it looks with just the framework and then with all of the nice bodywork, Cricket (@bikequeen). The weak frame probably means no wheelies, but it still looks good. :o)

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 4 months ago:

@gblair The bodywork came out really wellā€¦not 100% but Iā€™m happy with it and now that I have done the 2 color painting Iā€™m ready to do my second Honda Africa TWinā€¦.I can do wheelies with that one šŸ˜‰

• Profile Photo
    Anthony Ricco said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Great work @bikequeen, its such a cool bike and you did it brilliantly.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Turned out brilliantly, Cricket @bikequeen, thatā€™s definitely a great colour scheme. Another African Twin, wow!

• Profile Photo
    Michael Ezat said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Great idea to paint instead of decals and even better execution of the paintwork .
    Absolutelly stunning !

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@bikequeen - Wow - amazing build. The detailing is exquisite. The result is quite amazing. You're work really is fun to follow!

• Profile Photo
    Cricket said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@brithebuilder @chinesegeorge @faraomike @anthonyricco. Thank you all for your comments and I apologize for the delay. We had a death in the family 2 days before Christmas and unrelenting cold, especially for here. Trying hard to get back to normal. Still have the Jag Mark 2 to finish but itā€™s been a disappointment buildā€¦more on that later. @chinesegeorge happy you hear you survived covid. Did Santa bring you the Africa Twin? Yes I have 2 one built 1 unbuilt. The first was damaged and I couldnā€™t get the seeker to stand behind it. The seat was mangled, frame was broke and one front fairing was also cracked, I didnt see the crack until I had painted it :(. I repaired the seat but in doing so it ruined the texture of it. Of all the bikes I have done last year teh Africa Twin was hands down the best, Tamiya out did themselves

2022 was a busy model building year for meā€¦.the most productive of my life, 2023 will not be as I have run out of money

Here is a list of my 2022 builds :). Happy new year to all my new friends. I am really enjoying this group!

Cricket

Tamiya Ducati 888 1/12th
    Tamiya Honda Monkey 1/6th
    Tamiya Honda 750 Police bike 1/6
    Tamiya Kawasaki Ninja 1/12
    Tamiya Bimota Tesi iD 1/12
    Tamiya Lotus 49B 1/12
    Tamiya JPS Lotus 72D 1/12
    Tamiya Tyrell P34 6 wheel 1/12
    Academy Da Vinci Flying Pendulum clock
    Academy Da Vinci clock
    Academy Da Vinci Paddle Wheel boat
    Tamiya Porsche 935 Martini 1/12
    MPC Schwinn Classic Crate 1/6
    Tamiya Suzuki 750 Police bike 1/12
    Tamiya Beluga Scooter 1/12
    Tamiya Suzuki Walter Wolf edition 1/12
    Tamiya Honda CB750 1/12
    Tamiya Harley Davidson Police bike 1/6
    Tamiya Suzuki Katana 1/6
    Tamiya Suzuki Katana 1/12
    Tamiya Yamaha XS 1100LG Midnight Special 1/6
    Tamiya Harley Davidson Super Glide 1/6
    Tamiya Honda Africa Twin 1100 1/6
    Tamiya Honda DAX 1/6
    Aoshima Hino Tractor 1/32
    Aoshima ONE trailer 1/32
    Wolfpack T-38A Talon NASA T38
    MRC Kiowa Helicopter 1/32
    Revell Bell 13H Helicopter 1/32
    Tamiya F84 1/32
    Tamiya Honda CB750 1/12
    MRC Super Cobra Helicopter 1/32
    Tamiya BMW R75 Police bike 1/6
    Tamiya Caterham Lotus Super Seven 1/12
    Tamiya Lola T-70MkIII 1/12
    Tamiya Kawasaki Z1300 bike 1/6
    Tamiya Honda CB1100 R 1/6
    Monogram/Revell SR-71 1/72

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Sorry to hear that, Cricket @bikequeen, my condolances.
    No need to apologize for the delay.
    2022 seems indeed like a very productive year for you, 2023 is still young, so anything can happen.
    Wishing you a lot of strength, Cricket.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 1 year, 3 months ago:

@bikequeen, very sorry to hear about your loss. As John said, definitely no need to apologize for anything.

Your 2022 list actually made my jaw drop. That's a lot of work in one year. Look for a local consignment shop and see if you can sell some stuff to get cash for new stuff! I'm considering it myself. I'm running out of walls to put shelves on.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Hi Cricket @bikequeen, good to hear from you again, life can be difficult sometimes, letā€™s hope 2023 gets better.

Last year was certainly productive for you, thatā€™s an impressive list of models, hope you have better luck with your second African Twin. I decided it was too big and too expensive态 and didnā€™t really fit in with my other stuff, so Santa brought me something else, Iā€™ll tell you what it is when Iā€™ve finished the Superleggera. Happy Chinese new year.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 1 year, 3 months ago:

Also my condolences for your close one traveling away, my friend @bikequeen.
    You had a great modeling 2022 and, though your budget is limited, I wish you a happy, prosperous and equally productive 2023!