Kawasaki Ninja XZ-RR (Tamiya of course)

Started by Cricket · 116 · 3 weeks ago
  • Profile Photo
    Cricket said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Parts are coming in slowly, still waiting on the Tamiya Detail-Up forks set and the “Kawasaki” green 🙂 paint. I did get the Top Studio Super Detail set and at first I was disappointed as there was nothing fro the front wheel brake rotors, so I will have to do some creative “fixing” there.

Upon further inspection the Top Studio (TS) parts are heavy into wiring harness’ and nano connectors that will have to be drilled out. At first this would be intimidating but having had experience with TS before i know the pitfalls. SO I’m ready.

• Profile Photo

@coondog @brithebuilder @fiveten @chinesegeorge @chrisballard @gbair @ssgt @johnb

Well then! This is not going to be a simple or quick build as I once thought it might be. Although I am disappointed with the wheel detail from Top Studio it IS wire harness intensive (as noted in the previous post)

Here is the frame parts

Assembled

swing arm and frame mockup with the start of the wire harness for a test run and finally the swing arm with the PE parts added

All parts have been painted, and the harness building will commence 🙂

• Profile Photo

@coondog @brithebuilder @fiveten @chinesegeorge @chrisballard @gbair @ssgt @johnb @bikequeen

Crude but here is the start of the wire harness

They include shrink tube that is supposed to be stretched and inserted into a large piece of shrink tube but when the latter piece is heated they all shrink so I went with other wire that is the same diameter but weird colors :). They also have very thin solder used as well…guess what happens when it’s heated 🙂

Anyway….here we are so far, like I said it looks crude and I need to add the connectors in some of the lines

Going to start the engine next

2 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Brian Mennenoh said 2 months, 1 week ago:

@bikequeen - The wiring harness is already impressive Cricket. Crazy amount of detail parts, this is going to be a show piece when it's done for sure.

• Profile Photo

@brithebuilder thanks Brian it’s PITA so far but coming along the next part of the harness is going to be interesting

1 attached image. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Great start, my friend @bikequeen! Really impressed with the hsrness!

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Nice start, Cricket @bikequeen
    The electronic wiring looks impressive.

• Profile Photo

@coondog @brithebuilder @fiveten @chinesegeorge @chrisballard @gblair @ssgt @johnb @clipper @jdtruby @anthonyricco

A study in micro hose clamps

4 attached images. Click to enlarge.

• Profile Photo
    George Williams said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Wow, Cricket @bikequeen, they’re incredible.

• Profile Photo
    George R Blair Jr said 2 months, 1 week ago:

The detail you have in unbelievable, Cricket (@bikequeen). The extra detail sets really increase the complexity, but there is a big payoff at the end.

• Profile Photo
    John vd Biggelaar said 2 months, 1 week ago:

That is serious micro scaling modelling, Cricket @bikequeen
    Looks amazing.

• Profile Photo

@gblair @chinesegeorge @johnb thanks guys to bad it wont be seen 🙂

• Profile Photo
    John Truby said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Yes, but YOU know it's there and that's all that matters. "It's all in the details."

• Profile Photo
    Spiros Pendedekas said 2 months, 1 week ago:

Fantastic, my friend @bikequeen!

• Profile Photo

@jdtruby @fiveten thanks John and Spiros I appreciate the comments :). A lot of work on this beast!